It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Making It Work and Happy Valentine’s Day.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After celebrating Valentines Day early, I felt at ease going off to work. Kathy and I had talked about missing being together when I am away. We’ll keep our fingers crossed that it won’t last much longer.

My day started with Repairs before being assigned a New Left-Handed Five Inch Feedscrew to weld up. Strangely the Shop Pack was missing the Sleeve and Parts List, so it was necessary to use a Magnifying Glass to read the minute Blueprint.

By the time I had the PTA and Job ready, I was back at the Inspection Bench doing more Repairs. The problem with that Screw was that it was so hard it was brittle, and the Flights were Cracking on the edges.

When I finally started welding on the PTA, it started playing games as it has in the past. It would be following the path perfectly, then suddenly make a sharp turn. Mile came to look so I explained what was happening. He just finished saying “That doesn’t happen” when it did it again. I said, “Like That?” He walked away shaking his head. I had to continually adjust the lead to keep it on track.

Once the Flights were finished there was a Bearing Surface that also needed to be welded. Using the same technique, we used on the Ten Inch Feedscrew the other day, It took over Three Hours to complete a single pass on this smaller unit. I’ll finish the second pass tomorrow after punching out just after 5:00.

It felt good to be home to celebrate what we could of this Holiday. I could also comfortably sit because my Hernia was really bothering me today from the Standing and Walking on the Hard Cement Floors. Thankfully my appointment to see the Doctor is on Thursday.

The 6 o’clock Local News forecasted that we will see a few Seasonal Temperature days heading our way before Spring actually arrives next month.

We added Shredded Mozzarella Cheese to a Store Bought Medium Thin Crust Hawaiian Pizza for supper.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

One of the options on your truck is a spittoon.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're checking with a doctor. Hope your permanent holidays are not far away. Happy Valentine's Day to you two.

    ReplyDelete