It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, February 27, 2023

Going Digital and Doing It Right.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

On Friday when I stopped at Princess Auto one of the things, I purchased but didn’t mention was a Digital Laser Temperature GaugePat the Consultant had mentioned that using the old Temperature Sticks was not accurate enough for the work we were doing. When I showed it to Mile the Owner, he immediately asked if I had the Receipt. Since I planned on using it for work, he will reimburse me for it.

My thoughts of getting an early start on the Feedscrew that was already mounted in the PTA were set aside when Mile insisted, I touch up a Two-Inch Diameter Screw. It surprisingly took nearly an Hour, but he was very happy with the result. The finishing would not require the use of the OD Grinder but simply the guys doing the Hand Sanding.

It took a bit longer to get started because I had emptied all the Hard Surfacing Powders from both the Bins on the Plasma Transfer Arc because the Heaters that keep the Powder warm were not functioning. I also had an Empty Argon Tank that had to be replaced with the Last Argon Cylinder. The Supplier used the Power Outage as the reason for not delivering our order.

Using the Digital Laser Temperature Gauge, I was able to heat the Unit more evenly, without overdoing some areas. By doing so, also helped me stay Healthier, because all that heat tends to affect a body’s natural functions.

This was a Single Flight, Single Zone, Feedscrew, so once it was going it was easy to calculate exactly how long each Pass would take. (I was out by Four Seconds.) When I spoke with Kathy at lunchtime, I mentioned working late to finish the Job. She understands the workings of a small business and the importance of getting it done. She also mentioned that it was Sxxwing outside.

Running the Second Pass was easier than the First because all the Lead-In Values had been refined. I was told the CNC Mill and the PTA Welder should use the same numbers, but it doesn’t work that way. Using the same numbers has the Plasma Transfer Arc making unexpected turns that are not on the Blueprints.

Once the welding was finished, I set about recovering the Powder, from the Bin while I post-heated the Screw, then moved it to the Sandbox for the night. There was less than Two Hundred PSI of Argon left at the end of the day. It was 5:20 when I punched out. The Digital Gauge saved a lot of time, by eliminating a lot of guesswork.

Coming out of the Plant, there was no White Stuff, just a lot of Wind and Rain. A lot of the County Ditches were full on the route I took. I waited until I was nearly home to call Kathy. That put her at ease.

Inside the Apartment after quickly washing up I thin sliced the Potatoes that Kathy used to make our supper. We had Grilled Salmon, Grilled Potatoes and Coleslaw, along with Homemade Banana Pudding for dessert.

The forecast for this week looks like a Roller Coaster but appears that we will have a nice weekend.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What do sea monsters eat for lunch?


Fish and ships.

3 comments:

  1. Kathy you know this is national 🥞 month? My granddaughter loves chocolate chips in her banana bread. I was thinking about you and your pancakes.
    We got two loaf's of banana bread in the mail the other day so good.
    Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we still eat chocolate chip pancakes we both love them!

      Delete
  2. Having the right tools and meters sure can make a big difference in the outcome of the jobs. Good that Mile appreciates that you got the gauge and will reimburse you for it.

    ReplyDelete