It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, February 4, 2023

It’s Finally Over.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

My head had barely hit my pillow before I fell asleep last night. The problem was that after only Two Hours sleep, I was awake. I’m surprised I didn’t wake Kathy with all my Tossing and Turning before I finally got up. I took an Extra Strength Tylenol and sat at my Computer reading Blogs on a work night for nearly an Hour. Total Sleep was only Three Hours when the Alarm went off.

As stated in last night’s Blog, not only did I stay late to repair Henry’s Oops, but I had to go back in today to complete it. It surprised Mile when he opened the shop door to find me standing there. He had only walked in the door himself when I pulled into the lot. Looking at his face I had to ask, “What happen? If you remember in last night’s Blog, he stayed close to me making sure I was Safe. In the process he managed to get a Welding Flash in his Right Eye. I immediately told him about using Wet Tea Bags for relief.

Even though Kathy had made my lunch last night, I still hoped to be having lunch with her. It was early enough that I started rebuilding the PTA Torch by 6:30 this morning. Mile simply shook his head and disappeared to have a cup of Tea. It was only 7:03 when I hit the “Begin to Weld” button.

Unlike last night the weld went on smoothly to start, but that would later change. Being that I was replacing a Half Inch of metal all around this Feedscrew it has to be done slowly. Adding a layer of Metal, the thickness of a pencil lead repeatedly was taking time we did not have. Anyone with welding experience, know that bad things can happen when metal gets too hot. After adding Ten Layers of Metal the undercut next to the Fresh Weld was wiping out the progress already made. The Feed and Heat, along with Speed were all adjusted until finally Mile was happy with the finished result. With a total of Twelve Hours to make the repair, it was 3:00 when we left the building. Mile will be having a talk with Henry.

I stopped at Princess Auto to find the Batteries for the Automatic Welding Shields were still out of stock. I then went to Canadian Tire to return the Battery I paid more for then what Five cost at the previous store. Since I survived the week using an old Manual Shield, I will continue until my order comes in the Mail.

I then stopped at Guardian Storage to add things to my Storage/Workshop Unit. I now have space in the back seat of the Truck.

Seeing that Diesel Prices had again dropped I stopped at the Pioneer gas station to top up the Truck. It’s been some time since it was at $1.726/Litre ($6533/Us Gallon).

Sparee Ribs, Potatoes and Carrots.

When I arrived home, I needed to sit for a bit. Kathy and I shared the Leftover Meal she had made for supper yesterday.

The 6 o’clock Local News was pre-empted by a Golf Tournament. Instead of watching News from the Toronto area we just went to our Computers. Canada Post sent an E-Mail that my Batteries were delivered yesterday but we can’t retrieve them until Monday.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Why did the octopus beat the shark in a fight?

Because it was well-armed.

1 comment:

  1. What a bummer to have to work such long hours on a Saturday. Maybe the lack of sleep had something to do with the full moon.