It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, February 20, 2023

Unexpected Day At Home.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Since I had to go to work today we made certain everything was ready last night. I even allowed extra time to put on the Hernia Belt before leaving. Having slept a little later than expected on Sunday, I did experience a bit of wakefulness that seemed to coincide with a Dream Kathy was having, thinking we were travelling in the Southwest with our Trailer.

When the Alarm did go off I had no issues getting ready and heading out the door. Traffic seemed slightly lighter than normal, but that happens on occasion.

I arrived at the Plant and was surprised to not see another vehicle in the parking lot. Listening to the radio talk about Presidents Day in the US snapped me into reality. In Canada most Provinces and Territories celebrate what is know as Family Day on February 18th. Another holiday for Families to have together between the Christmas Holidays and the upcoming Winter Holidays. Unfortunately not all are entitled to this day because they already exceed the minimum number of Paid Holidays required by Law. I had not seen anything posted on the Bulletin Board nor had anyone told me we were off. So there I sat for Twenty Minutes watching vehicles going to other plants. It was past 6:30 when I headed back home. I’ll find out more tomorrow.

I worked on my Computer, drinking the Coffee I’d made for work. When Kathy got up she was surprised to see me. I suggested I would do the Laundry. Within a Minute she started changing the Bed-Sheets.

Instead of getting everything hauled downstairs at once, I considered others might be using this Holiday for the same purpose. Taking down only half I was lucky to get a single Washer to use. Just as that finished a Dryer became available. I had to stick around to repeat process as well as folding the first load before heading back to the Apartment to collect more Laundry.

The process repeated itself throughout the day, only pausing long enough to have Macaroni and Cheese for lunch.

Kathy had been busy rearranging her new Dresser as well as dusting the Bedroom. Since the New Management Company has taken over the building, there has been a lot of changes made. All those changes have created large amounts of Dust that seem nearly impossible to keep up with.

For a chore that normally only takes Three Hours, today because I was limited to Single Washer and Dryer it took over Six Hours.

We had the Leftover Stir-Fry as Veggie Wraps for supper tonight.

The 6 o’clock Local News showed we’ll be experiencing a roller coaster ride with the Weather for the next few weeks.

Even though I wore the Hernia Belt all day, it did not seem as effective as it did on Saturday and Sunday. We’ll try again tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.

Nelson Mandela, South African anti-apartheid revolutionary and political leader.

3 comments:

  1. Tom and I hope you get the medical help you need soon and get everything ready to come to the southwest next fall. Nice to have an unexpected day off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you say that the hernia wait list in Chatham wasn't as bad as in Windsor? Hopefully you can get it done in Chatham and be able to enjoy your new trailer out on the road again. Stay well you two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not the only person I've heard of going to work today and finding an empty parking lot. Happened in TX too. (Wasn't me...I am safely and happily retired.)

    ReplyDelete