It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, February 17, 2023

Saying It Like It Is and Winter Returns.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As forecasted, there was plenty of Frozen Rain that had to be scraped off the Truck Windows this morning. I even did a fancy Two Step as I left the building, as Black Ice is hard to see in the dark. Amazingly the roads were all clear with no visible problems.

Yesterday before I left work, I had just repaired a Feedscrew, heated, then wrapped it with a Welding Blanket to prevent it from Cracking. This morning Mile complained it had cracked as soon as I walked out the door. They had been told the Blanket was to remain in place for an Hour, not Five Minutes. He watched as I ground out the Cracks, heated the Screw, welded the base of the Flights with Stainless Steel, added more heat. Another Crack appeared so it was ground out and the base welded. Curious why so much heat? When heated, metal expands, so if there is a Crack it will open up. By continually adding the heat the Screw will expand so when I finished adding the Comoloy Hard Surfacing and heated it again before tying the Blanket on with a Load Strap, the Weld and Feedscrew should cool at the same rate without any Cracking.

When told they wanted to grind it right away I simply said “If you do that, just throw it in the Scrap Box and save yourself the work.” The Screw was still wrapped when I left this evening.

I had been told there were some Rebuilds to do so I gathered them all on the Rack they should have been on. Checking their Numbers I gathered the Job Travellers to get some information. I started 14127-01 because it had no Blueprint available and had a Single Flight, Three Zone Screw. I was able to do Two Passes in Three Hours, punching out by 3:50.

I stopped at the Pharma Care pharmacy at 4:10, to pick up our Prescriptions from yesterday only to find a Note in the door saying they had to close at 4:00 today. Luckily, they are open tomorrow.

Since I wanted to try my Hernia Belt at home before wearing it to work, by the time I walked in the Apartment I needed an Extra Strength Tylenol to ease the Pain from the Hernia. We talked about our day.

Even though the Clouds were just starting to clear the high temperature today was only 23 F (-5 C), but the North Wind made it feel closer to 5 F (-15 C). Just days ago, people were walking around in T-Shirts.

Kathy served us Sweet and Sour Chicken on Vegetable Rice for supper.

Tomorrow we’ll get our errands done together.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Bicycles can’t stand on their own. They’re two tired.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your hernia will get a good rest this weekend. Hopefully the temps will improve soon!

    ReplyDelete