It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Using My Own Numbers.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Mile was very apologetic this morning when I told him that I had come to work on the Holiday after not being told to stay home. He had sent the New Clerk out in the Plant to remind people that Monday was a Holiday, but she is scared to walk behind the Welding Curtains of the PTA. By the time I had buried the Feedscrew in the Sandbox everyone else was gone for their Long Weekend.

I had just mounted another Feedscrew in the Plasma Transfer Arc this morning, when the Inspector asked me to do a quick Touch-Up. It was only a Ten-Minute set-up, Thirty Seconds welding and Ten Minutes wrapping up. I left the instruction to leave it wrapped in the Welding Blanket for a Couple Hours, but Vic left it for Five Hours. It turned out Perfect.

At present there are a number of Rebuilds to do and most times the Screw has been in service for so long there is no longer a Blueprint for it. That’s what happen this morning, so I had to measure the Distance between each Flight as a way of determining how many Zones as well as the Leads. Once all those Measurements were entered into the Computer, I could start the Burners.

While the heat took the Chill out of the metal, I cleaned the Torch and added the Metal Powder to the Bin. I noticed the Heat Strip that keeps the Powder warm was not working. Luckily, I was taking the Powder itself from our Welding Rod/Powder Storage, so it was fairly warm to start with. When I tried starting the welding process, I had to stop it and grind the mess that was being applied. Once the process was going the way it should, it would take over Four Hours to complete just the First Pass. Because of the early delays, the Second Pass will have to wait until tomorrow. It was 3:35 when I punched out.

Kathy asked me to stop for our Mail at Guardian Storage but as I approached there was a Freight Train shuttling Railcars back and forth. You would think the Rail-Line would have better sense then to do that during Rush-Hour. I ended up taking the Expressway to get around that situation. Once I had retrieved our Mail, traffic was backed up to the Guardian Storage entrance. Even though it was added Distance and Fuel, I headed back to the Expressway to get around the Train.

Somehow when I wore the Hernia Belt this past weekend, it actually eased the Pain, but by the time I got home today the Pain was beyond Severe. I had to take an Extra Strength Tylenol on an empty stomach just to get some relief.

Kathy made Chocolate Chip Pancakes for supper. They were our way of celebrating Fat Tuesday. They were tasty and filling.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

A priest asks a convicted murder at the electric chair. “Do you have any last requests?”

Yes,” he says, “please hold my hand.”

1 comment:

  1. OK. Sounds like it's time to see what you can do to move up on any list they've got going to fix that. Time to make a tiny bit of a scene, which I am sure is entirely alien to any Canadian.

    ReplyDelete