It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2023

Appointment, Tests and Reaction.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I made certain to let Mile know that I had a Doctor’s Appointment for today all week, and he appreciated the information. With the number of repairs greatly diminished at work, I felt no guilt leaving for the day when the Lunchtime Buzzer went off. When I let Kathy know I was on my way to pick her up, she was elated.

At the Apartment I did a quick clean up before we headed out the door. The Winds had increased blowing from the North and the Temperatures were staying just above the Freezing Mark.

Since we hadn’t eaten lunch we stopped at a Wendy’s close to the Doctor’s Office. We had the chance to enjoy our meal in a calm fashion. When we were finished it was a Two Minute drive to our Family Doctor’s location.

We both had issues that needed addressing. Dealing with Kathy first George ordered a few Tests before making any changes to her medications. As for my Hernia he prescribed a Hernia Belt so it is covered under our Insurance. The Surgeon that had seen me last year had suggested I be re-examined this year, but the waiting time for Hernia Surgeries in Windsor is presently Two Years. The nearby community of Chatham might be the key to my recovery since their wait time for the same Surgery is less then a Month. We walked out with Prescriptions, Tests that need to be done, and a follow up Appointment.

Going around the block to Bogar’s truck supplies, I was able to get the Replacement Lights needed for the front of the Truck.

The next place we went to was Kinetic Connections where I was able to get the Hernia Belt immediately and it was completely covered by my Green Shield medical coverage.

Our Doctor wanted Kathy to have Blood Tests so we went to Dyna-Care. Being that it was officially Rush Hour traffic-wise, it was surprising that Kathy was done within Ten Minutes. With my Hernia really bothering me this afternoon I had stayed in the Car.

We had to back track a bit so she could make an appointment for an Ultra-Sound at Clear Imagining. Again I stayed in the Car while Kathy made her appointment. Then she puzzled me by sitting down. After Five Minutes she showed me to come in. There she explained that X-Rays had also been ordered and the Technician had an opening within minutes.

I waited inside while she went in. She came out nearly a Half Hour later with the Technician in tow. Kathy had reacted to the movement of the X-Ray Table and lost her balance. The Technician would not leave her side or allow her to go unless she saw that she would not be driving.

It took another Ten Minutes to arrive at our Pharmacy. Unfortunately, they were closing early, but took the Prescriptions to fill tomorrow.

The Wind had increased by that time so I dropped Kathy off at the front entrance to our building, before parking the Car. The Wind nearly blew me over and had me chilled.

In the Apartment Kathy was still feeling Off-Balanced and wasn’t very hungry. I made Chicken Noodle Soup for supper along with a Blueberry Muffin for dessert.

Hopefully we’ll both be feeling better tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

Thomas Jefferson 3rd President of the United States of America.

3 comments:

  1. A cold windy day and neither of you feeling all that great. Hope tomorrow is much better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad that we have to go outside of our communities to get medical treatment. At the moment where we live in BC is is a 4 -6 week wait to have a simple xray. There is a shortage of techs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lost my first comment. Sad that we are forced do leave our community for medical treatment. In BC it is a wait of 4-6 weeks to get a simple x-ray due to the lack of trained technicians.

    ReplyDelete