It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, February 13, 2023

Understanding and Loving Feelings.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

For most of you, when I speak about using the PTA, you probably think that it’s a very boring job and you would be right. However, when it is working properly it lays down beads of Weld that would be impossible for any Human to do. (I have to get those Pictures uploaded.)

Last Friday a Welder that specialized in this type of Tool Welding was brought in to help us solve a long-standing problem the Company has had. (Pinholes and Cracks.) Even though I had made suggestions most were ignored. Now this Welder tells them exactly what I had been saying and they listen. The End Result is a weld that is so exact I wish they would all turn out that way. If this continues to work it will be good, as long as I’m not told to take Shortcuts.

Before this change in procedure took place, it took approximately Ten Hours to weld the Bearing and Pocket Areas on the Ten Inch Feedscrews. Now I start with a wide bead then use narrower beads on each pass afterwards. That means more beads per pass, taking more Time to do the same job. Between Friday and Today it took over Sixteen Hours to complete the same task, but the weld went down like Butter on Toast. After burying it in the Sandbox again, I punched out at 4:55 tonight.

Heading home at that time is normally easy but it seemed there were lot of Sunday Drivers out that didn’t realize it was a weekday. I needed to stop at Guardian Storage to drop off our Convertible Utility Cart.

Heading up Jefferson Avenue, I noted the Fuel Prices were still down so stopped at Pioneer gas station to fill the Truck. Good thing, because on the News the Oil Prices went up.

I planned on stopping at one store, but it was so packed I lost Ten Minutes just driving through the parking lot. I stopped at another location and basically walked in, got what I wanted, paid for it and left within Five Minutes.

Kathy had just turned on the 6 o’clock Local News seconds before I walked in. They spoke mainly about all the Balloons being shot down, while barely giving mention to the Golf Tournament or Super Bowl, that were both played in Arizona yesterday.

I had to chuckle reading the Comment from our Good Friend Wayne from the state of Washington, saying he and Sue were sitting at the 18th Hole with a sign for Kathy and I to hurry down to the “Q”. Not this Winter Wayne but maybe next year.

For supper we had Veggie Wraps and Tiramisu Cake for dessert.

As we were talking it suddenly dawn on me that it has been Six Months since I started this job. Even though there is always the push to get the jobs out the door, I have not experienced the BS I did at my former place of employment.

I had Planned on leaving something for Kathy, on the table in the morning, but when I walked in today there was a Special Something sitting on my Chair. A Few Minutes behind a closed Bedroom Door, and I was able to pass my Valentine to the one I love. It is amazing how we depend on one another, and it goes both ways. So, on occasions like this we make certain to show how much we mean to each other.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know you’re getting old when you take a metal detector to the beach.

3 comments: