It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, February 6, 2023

One Done and Another Finished.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After having only a Day to myself I was back in the Plant for another week of making things work. After check in with Mile the first thing I did was to check out the results of my weekend’s labour. (I did take a few pictures with my Cell Phone but cannot get it to send them to my E-mail. One of these days I’ll just have to take the Phone apart so the pictures can be added to my Computer.)

Vinnie the Engineer and Mile the Owner were still haggling the extent of repairs needed on the Feedscrew that I was working on Friday, before being told to repair Henry’s Oops. It didn’t take long to get things heated up with the Oxy-Acetylene Torch, then covering the parts I wasn’t working on, with Welding Blankets. The Blankets held the heat in so much that I didn’t need to use the Torch the rest of the day. As I welded using the TIG Welder the heat seemed to increase to the point I needed to add a Heat Pad so as not to burn my Gloved Hands.

I glanced over to see Mile having a talk with Henry as he was setting up the Feedscrew that he messed up on Friday.

I had just sharpened my Tungsten having left the part I was then working on exposed. I turned just on time to see Mile grabbing the Very Hot Feedscrew to check it out. My word of warning was too late as he rushed towards the Office. Anyone that has worked around Weldments, knows better than to touch anything in the area with unprotected hands. I didn’t see him the rest of the day.

I had a sneaky suspicion when I spoke to Kathy at lunch time, so mentioned I might be delayed coming home.

Sure enough, Vinnie returned shortly after lunch to tell me that the Customer had called asking what was happening. Since the job is “Past-Due” they needed me to finish welding it before I left for the day.

I did manage to see the Weekend Feedscrew all Threaded and Polished ready to be delivered.

It was 5:30 when I called Kathy to say I was on my way home. I stopped at Burger King where I used a Coupon to buy our supper. I walked in the Apartment just as the 6 o’clock Local News was starting.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What do you call an introverted slug?


A snail.

1 comment: