It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Not That Again.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After I spent Monday rebuilding the Feedscrew that has given us more than a lot of headaches, it was OD Ground then sent to the CNC Mill last night. The first thing I had to do this morning was to rebuild where the Mill dug too deep. When that was completed to Mile’s satisfaction I was told to load it in the PTA and add hard surfacing to the Mixer section.

Having rebuilt Screws that size before I figured this would be easy, until they told me only the small sections of the Flights that had been channelled. That meant Two Inches here, Three Inches there, making it a hodge-podge of a mess. It would have been easier to start the Torch once, then run the distance with it. Add all that together with the Plasma Transfer Arc deciding it wanted to change course to nowhere, One Time as Mile was standing next to me asking how to fix the problem.

The answer was simple. I brought the Feedscrew back to the Inspection Bench and started TIG Welding all the needed Flights. Along with that I needed to touch up Pinholes on the ends of other Units where no welding had taken place. Mile thought for certain we had welded on them but no.

When I talked with Kathy at lunchtime she had just gotten back from visiting with our Dear Friend Vera. It had been some time since their last get-together so they had plenty to talk about. Kathy even helped Vera do some On-Line messaging. Sine I was not sure how long the job would take I hinted I might be late getting home.

I had just sharpened my Tungsten when I was waved over to the OD Grinder. If you recall when I first started here there was a major problem with Pinholes and Cracks on Ten Inch Bearing Surfaces. The last ones I did were in November but they had not been finished yet. Today as they were approaching the Finished Diameter, the Pinholes reappeared. Just when I thought that headache was over it came back. More brainstorming was done and we’ll try something different.

The rest of the Day Crew left at the end of the shift but it was after 6:00 before I finished all the welding on that Feedscrew. The hard part was keeping it Hot while Hand Welding. The material I was adding went on very thin so it took multiple passes to make it high enough. It was also wrapped in the Welding Blankets so it would slow cool to prevent Cracking.

It’s strange that just when you think you have solved problems they come back to haunt you.

I stopped at Arby’s where I used a Coupon to purchase tonight’s supper. It was after 7:00 when I walked into the Apartment. We took our time just talking and enjoying one another’s company. We miss that the most since I’ve gone back to work.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

A photon checks into a hotel and the bellhop asks him if he has any luggage.

The photon replies. “No thanks, I’m travelling light.”

1 comment: