It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, February 11, 2023

Busy Late Day and Organizing.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After a busy day at work Friday, Kathy met me by Princess Auto, giving me someplace public to safely park the Truck. She had contacted Jarrod who was selling a Dresser similar to what I have. She found it On-Line listed as the Windsor Area, but after talking found out his address was Harrow. It was a pleasant Forty Minute Drive that gave us time to catch up on our day.

When we arrived in Harrow and were unable to locate the street. A call to Jarrod had us driving Fifteen Minutes back in the direction we’d just came from. The Dresser was not quite the same but was made from Solid Wood not Chipboard.

Instead of heading straight back home we went to Amherstburg. It was 5:15 when we arrived at Rivertowne Dental only to find they were already closed for the weekend. Not sure how long before we got home, we went to the local Wendy’s for supper.

The reason we weren’t sure when we’d get home was that we wanted to help our grandson Cameron celebrate his Twenty-Third Birthday. He enjoyed all his gifts and was especially proud of the Animation Characters his parents got for him. It was past 7:30 when we headed back towards Windsor.

Stopping to pick up the Truck at the Princess Auto store we would then continue home separately. I went to Guardian Storage where I retrieved our Convertible Utility Cart. I passed by the Trailer to be certain there were no problems.

I simply left the Cart in the Truck, and the Dresser in the Car for the night. Inside the Apartment we were nearly falling asleep just talking to one another, so we called it a night.

This morning, even after a good night’s sleep, we had trouble waking up. The Sun peeking around our Window Blinds woke us up. It had been hiding on us for the last couple of days.

Breakfast was an Egg Over Easy on Toast with our Coffees at the Computers. The harder I try to catch up on the Blogs I read, the further behind I seem to fall.

I went downstairs to the Laundry Room to find every machine in use and people waiting to use them.

With all the standing I do at work, it has taken its toll on my feet. So, we both enjoyed soaking our feet in an Epson Salts Foot-Bath. It is so relaxing, that it feels like someone is massaging your feet.

For lunch we had Italian Wedding Soup along with Cheese on Crackers then Tiramisu Cake for dessert. Again, we had another Coffee at the Computers.

I headed back to the Laundry Room to find the place empty. I used Two Washers instead of one to clean my Coveralls.

While that was running, I headed out to the vehicles and brought the Dresser up on the Utility Cart, wrapped and tied with a Moving Blanket to prevent scratching. After sliding Kathy’s old bureau aside, we put the newer one in place so Kathy could reorganize her clothes.

I went back to the Laundry Room to find the Washers had taken Fifteen Minutes longer for their cycles than the Timers showed. Cleaning my Coveralls separate from our regular clothes I wash them Twice to get more dirt out.

Kathy had emptied her old Dresser by the time I returned, so I covered and tied it to the Utility Cart, ready to bring downstairs.

Once my Coveralls were all in the Dryers, Kathy helped me get the Larger Moving Elevator to bring the Dresser downstairs. It’s the same trick we used for moving our Tandem Bicycle. The First Elevator to show up is always a smaller one. She takes it down to the First Floor, then brings the Moving Elevator up. Once I left the building, she returned to the Apartment to finish her organizing.

After putting the Dresser in the Car and the Cart in the Truck I returned upstairs to start chopping Vegetables for a Stir Fry for our supper.

While it was simmering Kathy stirred it a couple of times, when I went downstairs to fold and retrieve my Coveralls.

Our Veggie Wraps were tasty and filing along with the Pineapple we had for dessert.

We are hoping to get more accomplished tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Why did the bee get married?


Because he found his honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment