It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, May 5, 2019

Forgotten Medications, Cowboy Nachos, Missed Pictures and Extra Tight Fit.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Even though our night time temperatures felt like they were in the upper 30’s by the time we got up at 7:30 we didn’t even turn on the Pilot Light on our Heater. We enjoyed a Muffin for breakfast before taking our Coffee/Tea over to the Computers to drink. We also noticed that we had forgotten to take our evening Medications last night which is bad news for Kathy because it will take her days to recover.

The first thing I always check is The Weather Network and with the clear sky we had there was only a 60% Humidity Factor which is quite low for this area. We managed to get all our reading completed early enough that we both managed to get started on our own projects.

Since I was outside working Kathy busied herself trying to duplicate one of the Pioneer Woman’s Recipes. When we went to the Main Street Restaurant in Quartzsite on Thursdays for lunch one of their specials was Cowboy Nachos. The Pioneer Woman’s Recipe called for a different cut of Meat as well as a few other ingredients so that was what Kathy used.

After I went outside I set up the Tarp on our Patio so that I could waterproof the new Gazebo Cover that we purchased on Wednesday. It was just by luck that we found a replacement Cover at Canadian Tire. I had checked the Dimensions and the picture was that of our Gazebo. Using a Long Handle on a Paint Roller I managed to get it 90% completed by the time Kathy called me in for lunch.
Kathy's version of the Pioneer Woman's Cowboy Nachos.
The Cowboy Nachos tasted similar to what we were used to except the suggested Meat was tougher to eat and the recommended Corn Chips were way too Salty. Kathy was disappointed but that’s how you learn and you adjust things to your own liking. There is still enough to have as a Side.

As soon as I finished applying the Waterproofing I started mounting it on the Gazebo Frame. Remembering how easy it was to do last year I was surprised when I had to start unbolting the Ribs in an attempt to get it together. With the Cover only held in place by Two Ribs I was watching the other Ribs bow as I tried to force them in place. After measuring it the Cover was over a Foot short on its size.

Kathy had come outside to clean our Gardens and when she saw me struggling suggested I put the old Cover on. After loosing over an Hour on the New Cover it took all of Ten Minutes to install the old one. The Cut is different then the new one. Re-examining the Photograph on the Package the Size and design of the Frame were the same but the Cover looked different then ours. Guess it’s going back.
Kathy cleaned our Center Garden with a small Leaf Rake and basically stirred the soil. By the time she had picked up the waste the Hostas were popping up. The fact that they felt the 68 F (20 C) temperature must have been their wake up call.
Forgot to get a picture of the Perogies and Hotdog.
For supper Kathy made some Perogies while I grilled a couple of All-Beef Hotdogs along with Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes for dessert. While Kathy cleaned up the kitchen I went back outside and mounted the Bug Screens on the Gazebo before assembling our Patio Table.
Gazebo nearly finished.
The Temperature started dropping right after supper so we quickly closed the Windows and Door. I also realized there were a number of Pictures that we forgot to take today. With everything we need to do tomorrow I doubt that we’ll be working outside. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Simplicity in character, in manners, in style, in all things the supreme excellence is simplicity.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, American Poet

7 comments:

  1. Glad you did not have to turn on your heater this morning. Those cowboy nachos Kathy made sure look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After all that work to find the cover was smaller than should have been. cowboy nachos looked pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding the right replacement cover for the gazebo might not be so easy. The manufacturers want you to buy a new set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're getting things fixed up. I find Pioneer Woman's cooking too salty for my taste too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Pioneer Woman and her recipes, but I always play with them as she uses much more salt and butter than I ever do! I love her show, and watching her family grow up! Sounds like a great day outside even though the cover was frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you get your windmill up yet? I hate to be the bearer of bad news but we're going to be in the 85 degrees to 90 degrees by week's end. Last week I had the wood stove going. So go figure that one out.
    Looks like we're going to have quartzsite weather for a while.
    Hope all is well with you guys.
    Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too bad about the canopy cover. At least you had some warm weather for a while.

    ReplyDelete