It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, May 30, 2019

Early To Rise, Nobody Had One, Kathy Got Another Demonstration and More Rain.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

I was up by 6:30 this morning knowing that I would probably be doing a lot of running around today. The old adage of “The Early Bird gets the Worm” was not something that Kathy could do. We had discussed this last night so after having my breakfast alone I was out the door headed for Windsor. Using the Truck I had no sooner hit the road when it started Raining. The intensity would vary but it would continue throughout the day.
My stops started in the Oldcastle area where I stopped at Six different locations before heading towards Tecumseh then back towards central Windsor. It was just before noon that I called Kathy with my findings. I had stopped at Sixteen businesses that according to the Internet all offered the same thing but no one had any to offer. Guess that will take more research.
Kathy made Macaroni and Cheese for our lunch topped off with a Chocolate Pudding Cup for our dessert.

After checking what would have been my normal reading I was back to doing more research. Being retired one thing that I have gotten used to is not getting up at 6:30 in the morning. With the sound of the Rain tapping away on the Trailer we both ended up having a Twenty Minute Snap.
Kathy made us Belgium Waffles with Mixed Fruit for supper. Since these are smaller than the ones sold in most Restaurants we were satisfied but not stuffed.
We were out the door by 4:30 and were amazed that walking on the Grass to get in the Car there was Water was being pushed out of the ground from all the Rain we have been having. When we left the Park the ditches along the roads were nearly full. Farmers Fields were showing signs of Over-Saturation even more then yesterday.
Our first stop in Amherstburg was Pharma Choice Pharmacy. When Kathy picked up her new Blood Sugar Meter the other day Danielle explained how to use it. When Kathy tried using it at Home it would not work. Steve showed her again and she realized that her old machine and new one work differently.

We made a quick stop at Dollarama for a few supplies before heading over to our son Kevin and daughter-in-law Melissa’s. When we arrived the Rain had stopped but Kevin was outside trying to change a Wiper Blade on their Minivan. Someone must have opened the package at the store and removed the clip he needed to make it work.
Since I had parked behind the Minivan I drove him back to Canadian Tire while Kathy started visiting with Melissa. When Kevin and I returned with a properly equipped Wiper Blade it snapped right in place. We all had an Enjoyable visit but by the time we were ready to leave shortly after 8:00 the temperatures were cooling down.
We were half way Home when Kathy told me to pull off the road. She had spotted an amazing Sunset that we would have missed if I had driven Home. I had barely taken the Picture when the Sun slid behind the wall of Clouds.
Having gotten up early today I’m thinking I’ll be going to bed early as well. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Scenery is fine but human nature is finer.

John Keats, English Poet.

7 comments:

  1. Send some of that rain out west!!! Very dry even here on Vancouver Island. The sunshine is nice but too dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have way more energy than me..no matter what you're looking for I don't think it's worth all those stops! LOL..Definitely a sunset worth stopping for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems the weather months have changed from Oct to March, to something like Dec to June. I keep trying to stay with the March schedule, but it's not working. Here it is June and still raining??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is a unique and gorgeous sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great eyes Kathy. Lovely sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are in MI and the news is saying red beautiful sunsets are from the smoke in the air from Alberta's wild fires.

    ReplyDelete