It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, October 15, 2023

Slipping Back.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

When I woke this morning my Hip/Leg was totally Pain-Free. As per the advice given to me at the Hospital I was not going to overdo it, but did not plan on sitting around either.

When Kathy woke we enjoyed a Coffee and Pastry before checking things on the Computers. We also had a Shopping List that we needed to fill so we headed out shortly after 11:00. I felt so good that I was about to leave without my Cane but Kathy insisted “Just in case”.

We used a Coupon at Arby’s for lunch and didn’t finish until 11:45. I could barely walk as the Reflective Pain shooting down my Leg made it so that I nearly went down. Kathy retrieved my Cane from the Car so we could carry on.

With that sudden change my Planned leisure walk around the stores changed to walk directly to what was on our List and leave. The first stop was Dollarama to pick up some Brisk Iced Tea Drinks that they normally discontinue for the Winter. It’s 40% the cost of the grocery stores.

I was starting to grit my teeth after our Ten Minute walk through the Zehr’s grocery store.

As we neared home Kathy remembered something she forgot to add to our List so we stopped at another nearby Dollarama. This time I stayed in the Car until she returned.

Using our Folding Shopping Cart it was easy to get things up to the Apartment. The Pain continued to increase as we put everything away, so I gave in to taking my first Tylenol for the day. After a brief rest I made Veggie Stir-Fry that we ate as Wraps. There’s enough leftover for another meal.

While Kathy did up the Dishes, I went about sorting and pretreating our Laundry. It’s that time again, but I had to wear my Wrap/Brace along with using my Cane in order walk around. There was no more walking like I’d done this morning, this was Hobbling like I had been doing prior to the Injection.

Bit by bit I managed to get everything cleaned, dried and folded. I was just folding the last of my socks when Kathy called to be sure I was okay.

Just before 9:00 I took another Extra Strength Tylenol before putting our clothes away.

I was told the full effect of the Injection might take up to a Week to kick in. This Pain is definitely not what I was told to expect at the Hospital.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

A surplus of effort could overcome a deficit of confidence.

Sonia Sotomayor, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States

1 comment:

  1. Had to Google "reflective pain". Sorry that is happening to you. Hope you called in sick today or scheduled at least a week off.? But, knowing you, pretty sure you went right back to work. Glad Kathy insisted you take the cane. Yikes.! Praying the injection kicks in soon - but, I'm sure they advised it doesn't work for everyone. Maybe you could hire a laundry service & just wash your work coveralls in the apartment machines.? Anyway, wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete