It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, October 7, 2023

I Have A Date, We Had A Date and Family Visit.

Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I definitely agree with Marlene that it would have been nice if Mile had saved me all those months of frustration, by having me trained sooner on how to run the PTA.

A Week ago, Vic the Inspector had said “That Machine is Possessed”, because of all the problems it had caused. When Bob the Kennametal Technician left on Thursday, the Plasma Transfer Arc was running better then even Vinnie the Engineer could recall.

Friday morning I demonstrated to Sherush how to load a Twenty-Three Foot Six Inch Diameter Unit into the PTA and showed him how to do the Burners. While things were heating up, he was amazed at how much was involved at getting things ready to weld. Adding Powder, cleaning the Torch, homing the PTA, then adding all the Numbers to the Spreadsheet.

What none of us expected was when I hit the Powder Test button on the Number 1 Bin nothing would come out. For the previous Two Days it had worked perfectly. We had to change everything back to the Number 2 Bin. The Powder Flow rate needed big adjustments because the Calibrated Number was far different then what I had been working with it before. We never got it running the way we wanted. The Torch had been Homed but continued doing unexpected turns. The entire Feedscrew should have taken Three Hours to weld. Instead after Six Hours it was put in the Sandbox, with it only Twenty-Five Percent finished. As Vic said it again “This Machine is Possessed”. With Vic, Sherush and myself trying everything we could, Mile was beyond frustrated when we stopped for the day.

I finally returned the call to the Hospital and am now scheduled to have the Hyaluronic Acid Injection next week. Hopefully, that will give me some relief to my Hip/Leg Pain.

I wasn’t home long. After a shower and shave we were on our way to Legion 594. The place was packed but we were there to enjoy our Fish Fry Friday with our good friend Pauline and to listen to our daughter-in-law Melissa sing. She was accompanied by her friend Glen on the Acoustic Guitar. Luckily Kathy had some Extra Strength Tylenol in her purse, for my Hip/Leg Pain, so we stayed until she was finished for the night.

Between the Pain Relief, (No Alcohol) and the Late Hour, Last Night’s Blog was postponed.

We slept later this Saturday morning and spent most of our time on the Computers. It took me longer to catch up because my eyes kept on blinking.

With a low activity level this morning we were satisfied with Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch.

Shortly after 1:00 we headed over to visit with my Aunt Anna and my Cousins in one of the Party Rooms. We started visiting and going back down “Memory Lane” of our earlier years. With the Home’s knowledge Jackie went to her nearby apartment and returned with the Thanksgiving Dinner she had been cooking. (Since we’ll be repeating this meal, this weekend, both Kathy and I were careful not to Overindulge.)

After saying our see you again soon, we headed for home. Luckily, we had our Jackets to protect us from the cold North Wind and Rain. Fall has arrived.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

I think; therefore I am.

Rene Descartes, French Philosopher

1 comment: