It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Change Of Acceptance and Rethinking My Exit.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After getting my Coveralls on this morning, the first thing I did was to check the job I’d worked on late yesterday. It looked great but would become a source of aggravation throughout the day.

As mentioned it was being readied to be sent for Chroming on Thursday along with a couple other Units. What was an acceptable blemish on the Flights then, had now become unacceptable to Mile, even though the Final Grinding would remove them. He kept having me weld over them. Since they had originally been Powder Welded on the Plasma Transfer Arc, it would turn into a Nightmare.

Welding a slight Crack would create a Volcanic Effect that took extra finesse to repair the repair. Once he was satisfied with the result, the Unit was sent to the OD Grinder then the Buffers. In the meantime I was repeating the process on another Unit. Once the Buffers were finished, Mile would decide he wanted me to weld the Cracks that had been acceptable earlier. The Hard Surfacing Powder that had been used, was so hard that even after heating the Screws with the Torch to take the chill out of the Feedscrew, within Seconds it would simply Crack right next to the repair. I’ll be having a talk with Mile tomorrow. I might be retiring sooner than Planned.

I had an appointment with Kathy this evening for Haircuts, and I was supposed to pick her up at our Apartment. Kathy does not do well driving at night, and gets turned around easily like that. I left the Plant just before 5:00 and met Kathy not far from Fantastic Sam’s, for our Haircuts. Driving in Rush-Hour Traffic had her frazzled by the time we got there. Julia was already seating Kathy by the time I hobbled in the door. I was so exhausted that my eyes closed on me for a short time. We both feel much cooler.

We were also feeling hungry so Kathy followed the Truck over to Burger King where we had Whoppers for supper.

With all the Lights on the Truck she had no problem following me home.

We are still having problems with Google/Blogger, so some of the Comments I have left have been under Anonymous. We’ve also been unable to post any pictures. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You think you are an entrepreneur because of the "Dirt for Sale" sign in the front yard.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are getting all the medical things slowly looked at but it seems like you are still suffering in lots of pain. Glad Kathy's ablation went well like Doug's did in 2015. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS! I was wondering who was leaving anonymous comments.

    ReplyDelete