It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Appointment Tests, Sorough Getting Things Ready and More Excitement.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It felt good sleeping a bit later this morning. That meant I could get ready for my Doctor’s Appointment in a relaxed fashion. The strange part was driving the Truck down Riverside Drive to get there.

Luckily the Office is in a Plaza so I decided to park just a bit further out to make it easier when the time came to leave. Before I could get out of the Truck a Mini-Van parked next to the driver’s side. There were plenty of other spaces to park, but we’ve all been there. Since it is easier getting out of the Truck than the Car, I simply shimmied my way out. As luck would have it, the Mini-Van belonged to one of the Receptionists.

I was put through a multitude of Breathing Tests, just because I occasionally wheeze. It stems back nearly Thirty Years ago, when I had about of Pneumonia. After spending nearly an Hour there, it was necessary to spend another Hour getting Blood Tests done on the other side of town. It’s a good thing our Blood Donor Clinic is presently closed, because this test nearly made up for a full donation. Now I still have to wait Seven Months to get a Cat-Scan of my Lungs.

It was past 11:00 when I walked in the Plant and the first person I saw was Mile. He was immediately concerned that I was okay. He was also impressed that I didn’t punch in until I changed into my working clothes.

Sorough had already mounted the Feedscrew that I did not finish yesterday into the Plasma Transfer Arc. He’d also swept the area, cleaned the Torch and tried get it to ignite.

Since the supplies for Torch had not come in yet, and the Feedscrews were piling up on the Inspection Bench, I knew what I would be doing. After I checked what was needed, I showed Sorough how to install Lugs on fresh Units headed to the CNC Mill. As I turned to start the TIG Welder, Mile just stood there shaking his head in approval, but that would not last long.

When the TIG Cooling Pump stopped working over a week ago, the Torch got so hot it melted the Argon Line. So, after replacing the Cooler and Argon Hose, when I turned on the Machine the Coolant started spraying everywhere. Though the lines had all been visually inspected the overheated Torch had also destroyed the main Lead/Coolant Line.

At first Mile was more concerned about me standing in the Coolant than the fact the TIG Welder was still down. He was gone for nearly an Hour and returned with Three New Hoses. Once it was working properly, with no Leaks, I used the Torch without the Sheath, just to get things done. Because of the additional Repairs and my Appointment, I worked past the end of the shift, since these Units are all supposed to be Chromed on Thursday. Luckily, I spent most of the day sitting on my stool to do these touch-ups, so my Hip/Leg was not too bad.

I’m looking forward to the beginning of the year, when I’ll be work a lot less.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You’ve Been Drinking Too Much Coffee When, You lick your coffeepot clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment