It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

More Side Tracking and Training A Replacement.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As of yesterday I had been careful not to Over-Medicate myself with Pain Medication. The problem was that I was not sleeping at night like I should. I took the advice of one of our Commenters that sliding in an extra dose between the norm would help and it did. I barely woke throughout the night and I felt rested because of the lack of Pain.

Since I couldn’t finish the Feedscrew that was in the PTA yesterday, after greeting Mile this morning I immediately pulled it from the Sandbox and reloaded it. I’ve mentioned before that the Computer likes to change numbers on its own. After some grinding, then reheating I started pouring over the Numbers entered on the Computer’s Spreadsheet. Those are the Measurements that the Computer uses to guide the Torch. I found Five Numbers that had been changed and up to this point I am the only one in the Plant that knows how to do this. Since the only numbers that should have been different from the others were the Length of the Zones and the Width of Oscillation, it was easy to spot the changes. The numbers had No Decimal Points which caused the Torch to run wild.

By 9:00 the “Begin to Weld” button had been pushed and the Mess that was made yesterday started to look the way it was intended. Even as others were enjoying their first break I was snacking and monitoring the final minutes of this process. With only Five Inches to completion the process was stopped as the Torch took another side trip. The number it had been following was 6.135 Inches, but the Computer it suddenly changed to 78.354 Inches.

As I was prepping the Sandbox for the Unit’s return Vinnie the Engineer informed me the Kennametal Technician would be arriving tomorrow. They are supposed to address the Programming Issues that I have been bringing to their attention since last year.

Even though there is another Six Inch, Twenty Foot Feedscrew on the Rack, I was told to leave it be until the Plasma Transfer Arc is repaired.

When I called Kathy during my lunch break she was just getting to the Car with groceries from Walmart.

Mile asked me to show Sherush one of our New Employees how to TIG Weld as well as things around the PTA. (Yes!) (My possible replacement.) He knows how to Stick Weld and MIG but this will be a new experience for him. I saw Mile about to interrupt us, but when he saw me holding a dismantled TIG Torch in my hand and having this person put it back together, he just walked away. It’s no use showing someone to do something if they don’t know how it works and Sherush appreciated that.

I left at the end of the shift, but by the time I got home, I fell asleep in my chair telling Kathy about my day.

Yesterday I mentioned about Summer-Like Weather for a few more days. Now they are showing Near-Winter-Like Temperatures a Week away.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

I can’t stand stair lifts.

They drive me up the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment