It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, October 19, 2023

Life Changing, Mile’s Mistake and Counting.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Yesterday, before I left work early, I had a flashback of my early days of running the Plasma Transfer Arc. I arrived at the regular starting time this morning and was not surprise that Surough had not finished the Feedscrew that I had been coaching him on. At least he followed my instructions, by welding what he could, then burying it in the Sandbox before leaving at the end of the shift.

Whenever I’m told to train someone, I also try to explain the why and how certain techniques work better and their benefits. When questions are asked, for things that comes into most of our lives, I answer them honestly as well, but give variables that could change things.

All that seems to be having an affect on Surough. His Mother and Longtime Friends have taken note and praised him for his change. I was surprised when he pulled a brand new calculator out of his pocket, that he got at Dollarama (Where I told him mine came from.) and calculating the numbers to fill in Spreadsheet on the PTA this morning.

Once we were again welding yesterday’s job, I left him in charge while I went to sharpen Electrodes. That was when Mile waved me over to a Unit nearly ready to be shipped. He then admitted to grinding it too small and needed it built up before we started anything else.

We finished yesterday’s job then immediately loaded Mile’s mistake. Since Surough had not seen how a Rebuild Screw was welded, this would act as a perfect example. He even stayed a few minutes extra while I made an adjustments to fine tune the weld. I waved to Mile at the OD Grinder after burying his repair after the rest of the shift was gone.

After stopping at the Credit Union, I went next door to Arby’s where I used another Coupon to get supper. That helped offset the cost of Diesel for the Truck earlier.

Kathy ran a few errands today, but is still feeling some of the effects of the Amusement Ride from Hxll she had on the X-ray Table yesterday, just like I am still feeling the effects of working again. I’m counting the days.

Speaking of Counting, yesterday we posted our 4,300 Blog. Time flies when you are having fun.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something and has lost something.”

H. Jackson Brown Jr. Author

2 comments:

  1. Kathy that must have been a ride of a life time?
    You two take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of blogs. When we rved I did them more often. Now once a month, maybe.

    ReplyDelete