It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2021

Framed For Lifting.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Having been told about a developing problem on the Paint Line I kept a close watch during my Morning Walk Around. What I noticed was far from what had been described so I didn’t get alarmed.

What did catch my attention was that Electricians had been busy running Conduit to the Compressor that I had uncrated over a Month ago. The problem is that it has not been taken off a Raised Skid and that has to be done before any other work is completed. The fact that it is the Size and Weight of our Car has to be taken into consideration.

When I mentioned this to Paul the Owner we brainstormed a few different ways of doing it but there was only One practical way. We’d have to use Come-Alongs to lift it from the Skid then lower it to the Floor. That meant I had to build a Frame to slide over the Compressor to do this task.

I found Materials in the Rear Bay where most of the stock is delivered. After wheeling the Cutting Torch over and knowing how heavy this was there was no way I was going to Hand Carry this back to the Compound. Fortunately I have been making friends and a Forklift Driver brought over a Skid and once it was loaded brought it back to the Compound for me.

I had the first of the Two Lifting Frames mostly welded before my 1:00 lunch. Kathy had been out walking in the Air Conditioned Walmart a few miles from our building. When I mentioned how heavy these Frames were she could only say to be careful.

On the way back to the Compound I told Paul the Frames would be completed by the end of the day so we could lower the Compressor tomorrow. He gave me a Thumbs-Up.

Lucky for me there is a Chain-Fall Trolley set up in the Compound that helped move these Frames around. The only time I had to drag them under my own power was getting them through the door. They only weigh about Three Hundred Pounds each. A Forklift will help get them on the Mezzanine but after that with someone’s help we’ll get the job done.

It felt good to sit in the Apartment relaxing and cooling down while our Store Bought Medium Thin Crust Hawaiian Pizza was cooking for supper. It also gave me a chance to review what Jobs were out there. As soon as we finished eating I headed for a shower.

By 5:15 I was reconfiguring our dining table so that I could do our Pill Doucettes. New readers to this post don’t realize that I fill our Pill/Vitamin Doucettes for Forty-Five Days at a time so it is not always a Saturday evening that I’m doing this. When we are travelling that works out better for us. It took Two and A Half Hours to do both our Doucettes and have everything put away.

On our 6 o’clock Local News they reported 20 New Coronavirus Cases bringing the Active Cases to 65 for the Windsor/Essex Region. The Local Health Unit is saying that these Cases are mostly Unvaccinated People who have contracted a Variant.

During the heat of the day the temperature felt like 91 F (33 C) and it’s going to continue getting hotter through the weekend and beyond. We should be experiencing Five Days in a row that will feel above the Century Mark.

Tell you more tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What did the tree wear to the pool party?


Swimming trunks.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe now would be a good time to tell the owner what a jerk the supervisor is ànd why employees don't stay long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't hurt yourself. Reading about your work habits, which seem to be do what's needed and more, I am sort of surprised you could loll about on the vacations in the southwest of the USA. Maybe I should go back to your blog when you were running around on the loose!!

    ReplyDelete