It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Big Mistake, Cleaner Coveralls and Still Hot.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though this was a day off I was still out of bed by 7:30 this morning. It was actually a good thing because it allowed me time to get things ready for breakfast as well as keeping me closer to my work week schedule.

I’ve often said how I like to cook breakfast so that’s what I planned for today. I’m far from a Professional and am still learning. They say “You learn by your Mistakes” well today I had a major one before Kathy explained what happen. I had finely chopped Celery, Onion and Pepper to put in an Omelette but cut I back on the number of Eggs. When I went to flip the Omelette some of it went flying rather then staying together. To say we shared a much smaller Omelette and I had a mess to clean afterwards would be an understatement.

After turning on my Computer and getting dressed I took my Coveralls down to the Laundry Room still in the Pail. While it was going through its cycle I returned to the Apartment where I soaked my feet in an Epson Salts Bath while reading Blogs we follow.

Retrieving my Coveralls from downstairs as I was hanging them to dry it seemed they are getting cleaner each time I wash them. It appeared that this time there had been more Dirt and Dust with little to no Grease or Oil. Noting a Comment about wearing a Mask at work under those conditions the answer is Yes. Years ago I was criticized for wearing a Mask when working under conditions like that. All those who made those criticisms are no longer around. Also with the Variant Coronavirus Strains going around it gives me a bit more protection.

We left the Apartment shortly after 11:30 and our first stop was the Wendy’s Drive-Thru. With our smaller breakfast we intentionally came here for lunch getting our Two Chicken Wraps, Two Small Chocolate Frosties and Two Seniors Soft Drinks for all of $7.41. Satisfying, Tasty and Reasonably Priced.


With our energy renewed we went to
Guardian Storage where we checked for Mail before going to our Climate Controlled Storage Unit. We spent nearly Two Hours moving things around so that Kathy could access Boxes that she could not safely lift.

Our Shopping List was much smaller today but we still went to Dollarama to save some hard earned cash.

Lastly we stopped at the Zehr’s grocery store to finish getting our Produce, Meat, Dairy and Frozen Food purchases.

Back at the Apartment it was nice that I turned on the Air Conditioner before we left. We both needed to catch our breathes after just walking in from the parking lot carrying our purchases.

Around 5:30 I cooked a Store Bought Medium Thin Crust Spinach Pizza for supper. The best part is when they are “On Sale” like today our supper only cost us $2.99 and being Thin Crust really lowered our Carb intake.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 88 New Coronavirus Cases and 442 Active Cases for the Windsor/Essex Region. The Skyrocketing Numbers are not just due to Unvaccinated People but the Delta Variance infecting many who have received their injections. The health experts are still advising everyone to Mask-Up. They may not be perfect but will lower your odds of contracting Coronavirus.

The Weather Network showed that our Humidex felt like 108 F (42 C) today with more Hot Days heading our way. This report has changed a number of times but hopefully we will see it cool down starting next weekend.

With a Deadline looming at work it appears that I’ll be doing some overtime. I’m looking forward to when I don’t need to.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

When your wife walks in front of you it looks like two pigs fighting in a gunny sack.

2 comments:

  1. So, warm and humid up there. Ugh. It's finally started drying up a bit down here, which makes the heat much more bearable. Glad you have survived so far. That's a pretty good looking pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just curious if you would be coming south this winter if the border opens (who knows?)? Overtime, good for the $$ but a shame if you don't want to work it.

    ReplyDelete