It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Reaching New Heights.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

The morning surely didn’t start as normal. I’d barely unlocked the Maintenance Compound when Paul the Owner told me the Electric Motor that drives the Paint-Line was about to give out and we needed information off the Plate. I was climbing a ladder to get on top of the Drive before most of the Workers had even arrived for their shift.

Even though there are postings that Employees are not supposed to have their Cell Phones on the floor Paul showed me how to use it as a Tool. I had never used the Camera on my Phone before so this was all new to me. Taking a picture of the Plate told us the Size (HP) of the Motor, its Frame Size and its Speed (RPM). The best part was I didn’t have to strain my eyes wearing Cheater Glasses to get all that information.

Adding High Speed Grease quieted the noise enough that the Paint-Line could operate for another day. Paul sent me to the Mezzanine to search for a Back-Up Motor that was not there. We repeated the search together where I was able to point out the Size of the different Motors we had in stock showing I had thoroughly checked them out. Paul then went On-Line to find a replacement but wasn’t impressed with the $900.00 price. Then he asked me to check whether we had certain Bearings in stock. We did so it looks like we’ll be rebuilding that Motor on the Weekend.

Back at the Compound there were Carriers that needed repairs before I went back to working on the Plumbing Project for the Washer. Each time I returned Carriers to the Paint-Line I would check how the Drive-Motor was working.

Around 11:00 Paul came to me with another concern. Since the Roofing Contractors had just completed repairing the Roof he could see Guide Wires through the Windows that should have been connected to the Exhaust Stacks outside just flapping in the breeze. With the forecast of Severe Thunderstorms heading our way he wanted me to be certain everything was secure. Hauling Tools and WD-40 in my pockets and climbing through the Roof Hatch. I spent nearly Two Hours securing the loose Cables making certain they were doing their job. When I reported to Paul he decided we should replace some of the older Cables.

I enjoyed my Lunch and talked to Kathy. She had spent the morning at our Climate Controlled Storage Unit and made more progress. However when she walked out to the Car it was like she was in a Blast Furnace.

I kind of knew what she was saying having been on the Roof before lunch and then having to go back to measure for the new Guide Cables that Paul wanted to install.

After checking the Drive Motor one last time I spent the rest of the shift reclaiming usable Saddles off the Header Manifold.

Walking into our building from the parking lot felt comfortable. Walking into the Apartment where Kathy had the Air Conditioner running gave me a chill. When I checked the outside Temperature I understood why I was feeling tired even though I had been keeping Hydrated.

Since we hate wasting food tonight we had Banana Pancakes for supper along with a Hot Chocolate for our beverage. The two just went together.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 37 New Coronavirus Cases bringing the Active Cases to 388 of which 188 were Variants of Concern for the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed that our Humidex today only felt like 106 F (41 C) which was cooler then forecasted but our scorching temperatures will be around into the coming weekend.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.

Thomas Paine, Political Activist.

2 comments:

  1. Always something to fix at that shop, keeping you challenged and busy. Better than doing the same thing over and over, methinks?
    The heat knocked it out of me yesterday too even though I also drank a lot of water while working on the plants. I was zonked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never made banana pancakes. Going to have to give them a try next time I have to use up some bananas.

    ReplyDelete