It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2021

Now He Believes Me, Trying To Cool Down and 130th Accomplished.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Another Humid morning as I headed in to work. It was strange to see all the Lights on in the main section of the plant when I entered but there was also a lot of Forklift traffic moving stock.

After my Morning Walk Around there was a Carrier waiting for repairs back at the Compound. Within Five Minutes I returned it to the Paint-Line so it could be put back to use.

The other day when Paul the Owner basically accused me of heating that Pump and distorting a Fitting it bothered me that he would not believe that “It wasn’t me”. When I was a child my parents instilled in me that if you Lie once you have to keep Lying to cover it up. Throughout my career those that worked with me knew that if asked a question they would get an Honest Answer. If I did not have an answer to something I would say just that but would try to get an Answer for them later. At least I would learn something in the process.

Out of frustration I had to figure a way that this would hold together and not just while it was being assembled. I clamped a Two by Four to the Base to support the Pipe. Then I used other Clamps to line the Pipe to the opening. Once the Pipe Assembly was glued and clamped to the Base I was able to weld an additional Bracket that would hold everything together for the life of the Pump.

Another Carrier showed up so after welding the needed repair I was about to return it when Paul showed up asking me what I was doing. Telling him I still had to keep Production going along with the Pump. Looking at what I’d done I explained why it would work better this way.

This also gave me the chance to explain close up to the Pump why it had been heated Years ago not recently. If I had heated the casting the Rust would have popped off leaving clear spots and there was none of that. Instead what we had was a casting rusted with no signs of Heat. He asked how it had lasted so long. I responded “Luck” and that fact that it had not been taken apart for cleaning before. I suggested he had a “Horseshoe” in his back pocket.

He finally shook his head in the affirmative before assigning me to work on the Second Pump on the Skid. Paul used the Forklift himself to move the Pumps around so I could work inside the Compound. That gave me Two Advantages. First I could work with the Fan blowing on me and Second I could use the Chainfall to move it around. Other then making a new Suction Tube it was finished before the end of the shift. That’s when Paul said we were installing them on the weekend. A real subtle way of saying “Your working Saturday”.

Inside the Apartment Kathy had the Air Conditioner going and a Cold Snack waiting for me. I even kept the water temperature down on the shower while I got washed up. With another Cold Snack and Cold Drink in hand we were soon out the door.

Our destination was the Canadian Blood Services building on Grand Marias. The last time I was here on July 5th during my workup the Computer showed I was One Degree Celsius too warm. Since the Humidex that day was only 108 F (42 C) did not matter. Pre-Coronavirus you would have simply sit until you cooled. With all the restrictions to limiting exposure the best they can do now is have you return the next time they are open. That was another story.

Today everything I consumed after lunch was to be certain to lower my Temperature. I normally Donate Blood every Eight Weeks but this turned into Fourteen and a Half Weeks before I accomplished my 130th Blood Donation.

We stopped at the Pioneer gas station to top off the car with Gasoline. Don’t want Kathy getting stranded when she’s out.

Since we were so close we went to the Wendy’s Drive-Thru where we ordered Chicken Wraps, Small Chocolate Frosties and Seniors Soft Drinks for supper. Always tasty, satisfying and affordable.

Since we weren’t home for the start of the 6 o’clock Local News we didn’t hear anything about the Windsor/Essex Region report on New Coronavirus Cases or Active Cases. What we did hear were Political Promises from the Federal Parties which is often spoken but never kept.

The Weather Network showed that our Humidex felt like 97 F (36 C) today.

With the fact that I’ll be working Saturday changes all our plans including those for tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Client: “Could I try the dress in the shop window, please?”

Salesperson: “I’m sorry madam but no.

We have changing rooms for that.”

1 comment:

  1. I think things are looking up at your workplace, presumably that the supervisor is still absent. You seem to get along fine with the owner and you enjoy the daily challenges of work that are presented to you.

    ReplyDelete