It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, August 2, 2021

Relaxed At Work, Kathy Sorting and Pre-Empted Again.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It was cool enough that I wore my Windbreaker first thing this morning. Once inside the plant it didn’t matter because the building still retained the heat from last week. Since our company has mostly American Customers we do not observe the Canadian Emancipation Holiday that others were observing.

As soon as I had completed my Morning Walk Around I busied myself building the Jig and completing the First of the Twenty New Carriers. Expecting Kharen the Supervisor to come in screaming at any moment I just concentrated on the task at hand. He had specified that I should only build the One so he could check it out before I continued making the rest. When it was finished I planned to continue making the Parts that there would be no argument about so when I needed space to move I set up the Carrier with the Product it would hold in the Vise just outside the Compound. I saw lots of workers along with Paul the Owner give it the once over and smile.

I had made lots of progress but still felt very relaxed when my 1:00 lunchtime arrived because Kharen had yet to come around to see me. When I called Kathy she had just gotten in from working at our Climate Controlled Storage Unit at Guardian Storage and was having her lunch at the same time I was.

There were a couple of other Carriers that needed repairs when I went back inside to the Compound. I immediately took care of them before working on the project again. It wasn’t until around 2:30 that I learned that Kharen was not at work the entire day.

I stopped at both Canadian Tire and The Home Depot on the way home trying to find replacement Wheels for our Folding Shopping Cart. I ended up getting Lawnmower Wheels though I’m not certain they can be used.

I then went to Arby’s Drive-Thru where I picked up Two Greek Gyros for our supper. We were well satisfied by our tasty meal. They actually remind me of the Gyros I used to get over Forty Years ago.

Due to the Holiday our 6 o’clock Local News for the Windsor/Essex Region was pre-empted by a tour of some fancy Yacht in the Red Sea. I’ll be sleeping by the time the 11 o’clock Local News out of London comes on.

According to The Weather Network our temperature today felt like 82 F (28 C) but Kathy was basically working in an Air Conditioned Environment while I was able to work with a Fan blowing on me most of the day.

Since tomorrow is Tuesday I curious how my day will turn out.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You move your refrigerator and the grass underneath it has turned yellow.

4 comments:

  1. I'm curious about tomorrow too for you...no supervisor today. Hm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you get another day off in lieu of working today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like both you and Kathy had a busy day. Wonder what is up with your supervisor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If anyone can figure out lawnmower wheels on a shopping cart … it’d be you

    ReplyDelete