It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, August 23, 2021

Making Progress and Longer Heat Warning.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After Saturday’s accomplishments it was nice seeing a Smile on Paul’s face as he looked at the new Pump installation. After completing the Walk Around which took a little longer as I wrote the Saturday’s Date by the Filters that were changed. That way there is no longer the need to reference my personal notes.

As part of the upcoming work I used a ladder this morning to climb on top of the Washer. I needed measurements of where holes would be made and mounting Brackets would have to be located. It even surprised Paul when he saw me coming down.

There were a couple of Carriers that needed straightening back at the Compound. These had been twisted so badly it took nearly an Hour to fix them both. As soon as they were ready as usual I was returning them to the Paint-Line. Paul seeing that put his hands in a questioning gesture but when the Line Leader immediately put them on the Line he just walked away.

As I measured for a Patch that will be needed in the Overhead Drip Tray he said it looked like I had everything under control.

Having been told before by Kharen the Supervisor where to find the piping for this project I started sorting a mess of old pipes bringing a few at a time back to the Compound. The first thing I did was to be certain the Threaded Fittings were not damaged then look in the end to see how plugged with dirt they were. Most of them needed a good layer of Dirt removed from the outside but soon I had accumulated the Sixteen Down Runners we needed.

I spoke with Kathy while having my lunch. She had been busy at our Climate Controlled Storage Unit all morning and managed to fill the Car with things she dropped off at the Goodwill. They are getting to know her by name.

Just as I return from lunch was when Paul came by with Padlock that needed straightening. Yes they can be bent and straightened if you know the tricks. I was called a “Miracle Worker”. Then he asked where I was getting those Pipes. When I mentioned the Compressor Room he seemed puzzled so we went for a walk. When I showed Paul the Pipes I was working with his answer surprised me considering how he never wants to buy anything New.

He said, “Those Pipes were removed over a Year ago and were supposed to have been scrapped but instead someone threw them there”. (I wonder who?)

Minutes later Ivan the Forklift Driver brought over a large Container filled with New Pipes already cut to size and drilled with the necessary holes. That was all good but there was a problem. They also glued each of the Sixteen Down Runners together. The problem is they are now Sixteen Inches Wide and have to be threaded into a Pipe mounted Two Inches from the wall. I’ll be talking to Paul in the morning.

Since I didn’t stay over I was in the Apartment before 4:00. Kathy said I looked cleaner then I usually did. With these warm days neither us were very hungry for supper by 5:00 so we modified a Caesars Salad by adding crumbled pieces of Cheese along with Finely Chopped Peppers. By the time the Salad was ready Kathy served us some Coconut Macaroons and a Yogurt Cup for dessert.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported a Non Vaccinated 50 Year Old had succumbed to a Variant of the Coronavirus. They also reported 34 New Cases and 391 Active Cases for the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed that our Humidex today only felt like 97 F (36 C) which was cooler then yesterday but our scorching temperatures will be around longer then originally forecasted.

Our Humidex is the lat row of numbers.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know you’re RV trash when You call two parallel lines drawn anywhere on pavement a “pull through site.”

2 comments: