It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, August 7, 2021

Moving Things Around, Making My List and Forgetting.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Just as if I was supposed to go to work this morning I looked at the Clock only to see the Alarm would have been going off if I had set it. With Forty-Eight Hours before I needed to worry about that I rolled over for more sleep. It was past 8:00 when I looked again and started my day.

I enjoy making our breakfast on my days off but have been told I go overboard. So this morning I made a Three Egg Vegetable Omelette with Mozzarella Cheese for us to share along with a Toast each. It was the perfect size and we weren’t stuffed.

We spent long enough on the Computers to drink our morning Coffee/Tea. It was really cloudy outside but it wasn’t supposed to Rain. Looking out the Window there were large puddles forming in the parking lot below.

By the end of my shift yesterday my Coveralls were dirty beyond belief. They were so bad that I could not just put them in the Washing Machines downstairs. So last night while doing the laundry I added Dish Soap in our Pail put it in the Bathtub then filled it with Hot Water. Every once in a while I hand agitated the Coveralls. After breakfast I emptied the Black Gritty Water then added fresh water to rinse the soap out. I agitated again and dumped more Black Gritty Water out for another rinse.

It was just after 10:00 when we headed out in the Car. Our first stop was Guardian Storage where after collecting our Mail we headed back to our Climate Controlled Storage Unit. Since Kathy has been going through Bins and Boxes it is starting to show but she had a problem. The ones she still needs to go through are either too heavy, too high up or out of her reach. Rather then injuring herself we spent time arranging things so that she can continue while I’m at work. Once she finishes going through these I’ll return to move things around again.

It was nearly noon so we headed to Wendy’s Drive-Thru and ordered our favourite lunch. Two Chicken Wraps, Two Small Chocolate Frosties and Two Seniors Soft Drinks. Tasty food at a reasonable price and we didn’t have to worry about crowds while we ate.

Our next stop was Dollarama where we started getting the food stocks written on our List while walking the aisles for some exercise.

At Zehr’s grocery store it didn’t take long to get the remaining items on our List.

It was a good thing we didn’t have many purchases today with our Folding Shopping Cart still not usable and no Shopping Carts downstairs we had to carry everything up to our Apartment.

I again agitated the Coveralls in the Pail before emptying even more Black Gritty Water. I wrung as much Water out as possible before carrying the Pail and Laundry Soap down to the Laundry Room where I wasn’t worried about staining the Washing Machines.

After adjusting my Resume to include my present workplace I applied on Fifteen Job Ads. Employers are more likely to hire someone presently working then someone that is not.

When that was finished I started documenting my Tools that were stolen nearly Two Weeks ago.

I was so engrossed in what I was doing that I forgot about the Coveralls downstairs in the Washer. It wasn’t until Kathy started making supper that I remembered to go get them. They weighed a fraction of what they did when I brought them downstairs.

We had Italian Wedding Soup for supper with Orange Slices, Pecan Tarts and a Yogurt Cup for dessert.

On the 6 o’clock Local News the only Coronavirus Numbers were for the Province of Ontario nothing for the Windsor/Essex Region.

It nearly hit the Century Mark for our temperature today. Starting tomorrow it will cross that number for at least Five Days with some Rain thrown in for good measure.

Tomorrow will be a busy day finishing my List and getting caught up on what other Bloggers are doing especially those presently travelling.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What has a ton of ears but can’t hear a thing?


A cornfield.

2 comments:

  1. I can just imagine the grime on your coveralls! Decent of you to wash them first in the tub - I clean machines as you know and many are not so considerate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the coveralls sound horrible to get cleaned. Always something to keep you busy on your days off..Since you're making a list of tools, does that mean they'll replace them?

    ReplyDelete