It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2021

Keeping Ahead.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As forecasted on last night’s News the Thunderstorms started before 2:00 and continued past 10:00 this morning. Some of the claps of Thunder were long and loud causing me to wake up before returning to sleep. Heading out to the Truck at 6:00 wearing my Raincoat had me wishing that it was a Rain-Suit.

The drive along Riverside was a bit of a challenge whenever I drove through large areas of Standing Water on the road. When I hit those areas a lot of oncoming traffic came to a sudden stop as they watched the Tidal-Wave I was creating. Driving by the Loading Docks the wheels on the Trailers were completely submerged from sight. Inside the plant there are still areas with major Leaks but it has improved immensely since the Roofing Company has been doing repairs.

When I first saw Paul the Owner this morning I told him that I would start Fifteen Minutes early as a guaranty that I would complete all the Welding Jobs at the end of the Washer. After marking where I had to clean off the paint to get a better weld I had to use the Grinder to accomplish that feat. Then it was a matter of using the Ladder that Paul was trying to get rid of from the area to attach everything in place. Moving back to the Safety Ladder that was being mounted I barely completed welding the Handrails when the first Parts started coming through the Washer.

Since I was already there Paul had me relocate the Bracket for a Waterline by Three Inches. It was critical not to move it too far or it would have just reversed the problem. I had more paint grinding to to do so I could mount Hooks to support a Two Inch Water Hose. As soon as all the Welding was completed the Machine and all the Tools went back to the Compound.

Like I mentioned in Last Night’s Blog I had to put my Painter’s Hat on and paint the entire Ladder a Safety Yellow so nobody would accidentally walk into it. By the time I finished that there were Parts being removed from the Paint-Line behind me.

After checking there were no Carriers in need of repair I returned to the Compound and the Powder Coating Panels that were still there. All I needed to do was add more Holes that will be used to fasten the Panels together and the Existing Booth. Paul looked in to see that I was busy and gave me a Thumbs-Up before he walked away. Before Lunch I was already hauling those down to the Booth. This meant the Panels were safer and it gave me more Space in the Compound.

When I spoke to Kathy while on my lunch she said she had stayed home cleaning her Bookcase rather then being out in the Heat.

After competing Two more Panels and delivering them I found a twisted Carrier to bring back for repair. I got it partly straightened but it will need more work in the morning.

After sitting in the Apartment to cool down slightly I again had my shower before we ate. We all like to stretch our grocery budget and Kathy knows a lot of tricks. Slicing pieces of Chicken she Breaded and Pan Fried them along with a Sliced Potato. Adding some Niblet Corn as another side and a Yogurt Cup for dessert.

On the 6 o’clock Local News they reported that Canadians could be looking at a Federal Election soon. They also reported 29 New Cases Coronavirus in the Windsor/Essex Region bringing our Active Cases to 165 of which 78 are Variants of Concern.

The Weather Network showed that our temperatures felt like 104 F (40 C) this afternoon after the Sun came out. They also showed we’ll be just under the Century Mark tomorrow with comfortable weekend heading our way.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Every day brings new choices.

Martha Beck, Author

No comments:

Post a Comment