It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Plans Affected By FAX, Early Start To The Other Season and Thank You For Birthday Wishes.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

After a busy Birthday celebration last night Kathy managed to get to bed while I was still doing my normal shut down. I always clean up my Blog Template Document so the following day it’s a simple matter to start writing. Once that is done it’s just a matter of watching my Computer shut down before giving Kathy another kiss on the forehead good night (I do that every day) even though she was already asleep. I then got between the sheets and slept soundly until morning. Unfortunately my late night kisses rouse Kathy awake subconsciously thinking it must be morning because that is sometimes the way that I wake her. It took Kathy a couple Hours to fall back to sleep.
Our view most of the day.
I slept later then I wanted but immediately got things ready so we’d be on the road early. Kathy joined me and at breakfast we figured out that I was inadvertently waking her up. Many of the nights she has been sleeping and been awakened was because of my affection. It’s pretty bad when you have to ration something like that.
We were nearly ready to head out the door when I thought to call our Pharmacy in Amherstburg to make certain they had gotten all our Medications authorized. They had sent a FAX to the Doctor’s Office on Monday but were still waiting for a reply.

I called our Family Doctor’s Office where I was told they had not received the FAX.

Another call to the Pharmacy where I was able to talk to Steve. Explaining the problem he said he would call the Doctor’s Office personally. 
We had Baked Beans on Toast for lunch with another piece of Kathy’s Birthday Cake for dessert.

When I called the Pharmacy again it was mentioned that there was a problem with the FAX at the Doctor’s Office but our Prescriptions were being put together. We were out the door Five Minutes later.
We had showers all the way to Amherstburg. When we arrived at Pharma Care we had to park and call that we were there. Minutes later our Medications were brought out to us.
We made a quick stop at the nearby Dollarama since there was no lines like the ones in Windsor. They made certain that everyone knew they were open with a sign in the windows. After donning our Masks we followed the Arrows on the floor taking our time so as to keep our Social Distance from other patrons. We did find some food stocks that are better priced then the grocery stores.

We then stopped at Shoppers Drug Mart so we could take advantage of their Thursday Seniors Savings. Kathy stayed in the Car while I went in to only return with Two of the items on our List. It seems that it took the Coronavirus to make people realize that Vitamins can help you fight off Viruses that are affecting many others.
With people staying home at this time has cause the Fifth Season to start early this year. From the time we took to go to Amherstburg we only made it back to Malden Road and were detoured by Construction Barrels. We drove the back way through the town of LaSalle making note of how things have changed since we last took that route.
Long line ups outside the Liquor Stores.
We stopped at the Pioneer gas station where I filled up on gas for $.799 a Litre. (It has been lower lately.) Noticing a tire was a little low I went to use their Air Pump. I remember when it used to be free then when they charged a Quarter everyone complained. Imagine what I was saying when I had to pay $1.50. I made certain all the tires were up to pressure.

We still had to stop at one more Shoppers Drug Mart. There was only One Bottle of Vitamins on their shelves and it was the one we needed.
While I started getting things ready to do our Doucettes Kathy was busy making Meatballs and Gravy on Egg Noodles for supper along with the last of her Birthday Cake for dessert.

As soon as 6 o’clock Local News was over I took over our dining table to fill our Doucettes. Since I normally do Forty-Five Days worth each time it felt strange to only be doing Thirty Days worth. With the Government trying to make certain everyone gets their medications they have regulated all medications to a Thirty Day supply. I had Planned (there’s that word again) on having all this done before supper but due to the delay it was past 9:00,

Kathy would like to Thank everyone for their warm Birthday Wishes as they were all appreciated. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Dolly Parton, Singer/Song writer

3 comments:

  1. Happy late birthday. Got a new phone been trying to get everything transferred and reloaded. Hope Rick sang happy birthday 🎂 to you.
    I got a lot of reading to get caught up on. Weather isn't to bad. The wind sure has been a blowing. Suppose to be in 80s coming up will see.
    You all take care and stay in touch
    Wayne and Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooohhhh CAKE! That certainly was a beautiful one. It's a good thing I stocked up on my vitamins some time ago. There's nothing on the shelves here now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Kathy. So gad that I am allowed to post today. I think that shortages go in waves. I suspect that for meat eaters there may be a shortage in the near future.

    ReplyDelete