It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Restless Night, Seniors Shopping and Hallmark Movies.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

As mentioned in last night’s Blog the Plan was that I would go do the early Seniors Only Shopping this morning. That part of the Plan worked like a charm but the lead-in didn’t work out so well.

We were both in bed before midnight and we were both asleep within minutes. The problem was when I woke up at 2:00 and couldn’t go back to sleep. I kept thinking about useless things the entire night. When 5:50 rolled around I just got up.
Arriving at the Zehr’s grocery store by 6:30 I saw Two Couples already standing by the door. With the temperature sitting at the Freezing Mark I decided to quickly review the lengthy Grocery List. After only Five Minutes I put my Mask and Gloves on and headed for the door. The line now extended around the corner of the store all the way to the back corner.

When the line of people that were all properly spaced for Social Distancing started moving in I managed to be the last person allowed in the door until someone left the store. The shelves had already been thinned from the Good Friday Shoppers but I managed to find everything on the Grocery List. The line of shoppers waiting to cash-out went across the front of the store around the corner all the way to the back of the store. That was over Three Hundred Feet long but since there were Four Cashiers open it took less then Twenty Minutes before I was unloading my Cart. The store added another Plexiglas Panel behind the Cashiers so more could be open without anyone becoming contaminated.

At the Apartment I parked the Car before getting getting a Shopping Cart and filling it up. Kathy was already up when I walked in the door. After returning the Cart downstairs and washing my hands it was time to have a Muffin for breakfast.
I felt so tired that I was ready to crash but instead I accomplished all my morning reading. Before I realized that Kathy was making Macaroni and Cheese for lunch.

Back at the Computers it wasn’t me that had a Snap to keep going. A lot more reading and commenting took place.
For supper we had Hotdogs with a Garden Salad side then Kathy topped it off with a slice of Very Berry Pie for dessert.
The 6 o’clock Local News wasn’t preempted tonight. We even watched a couple of Hallmark Movies but now I starting with a headache and think it’s time for bed. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You brag about being the first in your family to receive a Costco card.

9 comments:

  1. We are going to wait until the middle of this week to shop. My daughter said it was mad today. My grandson saw a couple of guys get into a punch up!I'm glad it was his turn to shop rather than his diminutive wife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you were not able to sleep hopefully as I type this you are already in dream land.

    I do not know if it is worth it to get up so early in such frigid temperatures only to have to stand in long lines. On the plus side you were able to get everything on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, this six foot distance does make for a long line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had to wait in line at either of our stores. Glad you got everything on your list. Yup ... plexiglass up at all cashier stations now. I see you've picked up my cheap and easy hot dog dinner!! I hope your's is all beef!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were able to get everything on your list.
    Hope you had a Wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a happy Easter and nice dinner to celebrate this day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter you two. Take care and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are long lines but good that they move fairly quickly. So you wipe down the packages that your food comes in?

    ReplyDelete