It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, April 13, 2020

Making The Printer Work, 122nd and Grocery Store.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

I was shocked when the timer on my CPAP Machine indicated I had been in bed over Nine Hours for a second night in a row. Looking outside the Clouds that filled the sky totally hid the Sun from view.
It was another lite breakfast before we headed to the Computers where like many others have been doing at this time. After answering a few E-Mails and filling in a questionnaire I had to address the issue of getting the Printer to work. As mentioned in the past whenever there is an Automatic Update the One-Note Program keeps reappearing making any printing on either of our Computers impossible. After again deleting One-Note my Document printed out just fine.
For lunch we had Split Pea Soup with a slice of Very Berry Pie for dessert.

With an appointment for later in the afternoon I let my lunch settle until 1:00 before setting up to Exercise.
I managed to get quite a bit done in the next hour.

After cooling down I was out the door shortly after 2:30. Since so much has changed in the last Eight Weeks Kathy chose to stay home vacuum and do dusting while I was gone.

When I walked in to the Canadian Blood Services building things had changed. I had to wait in the Foyer until the person ahead of me cleared a check point. At that check point I was asked if I had an appointment because they are not taking Walk-Ins at this time. Then I had to answer about Ten Questions about myself or anyone I know of having contact with Coronavirus. From there I went to sign in but the Waiting Room that normally had Two Dozen Chairs only had Five. All the Blood Services Workers were wearing Masks and Gloves. Instead of signing you consent that your Blood is safe it was a Verbal Consent. After giving my 122nd Blood Donation there were no tables or chairs to sit to enjoy my snack. There was a table with refreshments at one end and snacks at the other. They would not even date my Blood Donor Card.

From there I stopped at the Zehr’s grocery store during regular hours to pick up few things that had not been put on the Shopping List on Saturday. You could tell who the Seniors were because we were all wearing Masks and Gloves. Younger shoppers were walking around as if this was just a joke. It took longer to check-out today with a shorter line of customers then it did on Saturday.
For supper Kathy sauteed some Asparagus along with a couple of slices of Ham while I put the Grapes, Cookies and Yogurt Cup on a dessert plate. It was all delicious with more for more meals. I told Kathy about the changes at the CBS and their concern about the Coronavirus which made her happy that she had stayed home.

The weather will control what we’ll be up to for the next few days and when we figure that out we’ll let you know. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Fun Fact

The average person walks around the world the equivalent of two times in their lifetime.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for your blood donations. I have problems giving. My vessels collapse and they just send me home. Haven't tried in awhile. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on being safe up there in the cool country. The desert is about a week away from getting a bit hot according to the weather forecast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of you take care and stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This deadly virus has changed the world as we knew it with more changes to come.

    Our city/county just implemented a new ordinance requiring that one wear a face mask when out in public or be subjected to a fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not surprised at the additional precautions. That will probably become the norm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our experience donating blood last week was the same. Don't be so hard on the younger crowd, I don't think they are walking around as if this is a joke. Many people don't have access to masks and gloves but are still doing everything they can to stay safe. And don't suggests scarves because some people with limited income or like us with limited space don't have scarfs hanging around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's unbelievable how some people are not taking this seriously and wander around with out a mask or gloves. I wish they would put this ordinance into effect here about being fined for not wearing a mask.

    ReplyDelete