It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, April 3, 2020

Plans, Social Distancing, Laundry and A Rant.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Last night before going to bed I had everything set up so I could have an early start this morning. That was the Plan and we all know how well Plans sometimes workout. When I woke up and saw the clock it read 6:50. I thought that was perfect but then I blinked and the clock was then reading 8:55.
Knowing that we could be eating a late lunch I served cereal for breakfast. Minutes later I had gotten dressed and was sorting and treating the Laundry without even turning on my Computer. Thinking that there wasn’t enough Coins in our Laundry Money Jar I convinced Kathy to go to the Credit Union while I got things going in the Laundry Room.
Kathy was amazed at how many Traffic Accidents and Speeders there were as she travelled the Two Mile route to the Motor City Community Credit Union. When she arrived she had to get in a line outside across the front of the building that had the Six Foot Markings for the customers to practice Social Distancing.

At the Door there was Staff Member wearing a Mask and Gloves just like Kathy was asking how you were feeling and having her sign a paper with her name and address before allowing you inside. One gentleman ahead of Kathy started coughing and was refused entry. When a customer would come out another was allowed to go in.

Inside the Six Foot Markings were again on the floor to keep everyone Safe. There were only Two Tellers open. They were also wearing Gloves and Masks. For a Five Minute process Kathy said it took nearly an Hour.

I was surprised that the Laundry Room was totally Empty when I arrived so once I had our clothes in the Washers I returned to the Apartment and stripped the bed. Once that was in the Washer I sat waiting to start moving things to the Dryers.

Kathy stopped in to tell me of her morning. I gave her an estimated time that she could expect me before she headed off.
It was past 1:30 by the time I arrived back in the Apartment with all the Laundry folded. After having Chicken and Rice Soup with Cheese and Crackers as a side we had Clementine Oranges along with a couple of Cookies as well as a Yogurt Cup for desert.

We sat enjoying our mug of Tea before I finally started putting away our clothes then making the bed.

Neither Kathy or I felt like going to the Storage Unit today so we settled in on the Computers. Having had a filling late lunch it was after we had watched the 6 o’clock Local News that Kathy made us each a mug of Hot Chocolate for supper and we were totally satisfied.

We were watching another special about the Coronavirus and one of the things that bugs me is constantly being reported. They say wearing a Mask, Bandana or Scarf will not protect you from catching the Virus. I say they are wrong.

Having worked as Welder in Casting Plants for over Thirty-Five Years a sometimes a simple thing as a Dust Mask was the difference of you going home healthy at the end of the day or you having Sinus Infections. Sometimes better protection or exhaust units were used but Masks are enough to protect you as well as others around you. Many times I was called a “Wimp” for wearing a Mask but I’ve attended the wakes and funerals of many of those that called me such. End of Rant.

Getting to bed early so we can do our Seniors Shopping in the morning. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Everyone who visits your home asks when it'll be finished.

9 comments:

  1. I agree with you about wearing a mask. I am using mask and gloves when outside my home. Better to be safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur with your assessment and feel that wearing any type of covering will be of great help.

    Hoping you guys find a fully stocked store tomorrow to make getting up early worth it. In Del Rio they are only allowing one person per family unit to enter their store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything is better than nothing for those with health issues. I've heard that cutting a piece of HEPA vacuum cleaner bag (take out the plastic inside) and putting it inside the mask will be just as good as the face masks the Doctors wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear you are making due in the current situation. Life sure is strange right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to get all the laundry done. I know our drive through banking lines are ridiculous..too bad you needed the change doesn't sound like fun for Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sent the info you wrote about Kathy's visit at the credit union to our daughter who is an Assistant Branch Manager at our local credit union. She said they are doing the same but don't make people touch paper and pen to write down their info and sign, here they take down the customers info along with a phone number so that the customer can wait in their car. When it's their turn, they call the customer to come into the bank. I like that idea especially because winter doesn't seem to want to end in BC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep thinking common sense needs to prevail. Sounds like more and more businesses are starting to use it.
    Stay safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very sorry that Kathy had to endure all of that just to get laundry change. FYI, out credit union is closed effective tomorrow, only ATM and online banking allowed.

    ReplyDelete