It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Planning, Laundry and Solving A Problem.


Our Location today is at McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

It was just too warm outside when it was time to go to bed so we left the Air Conditioner on all night. What surprised me was that I only woke one time, just before 8:00 this morning. The Fog was not as thick as yesterday when I opened the Window Shades but it was enough to add a haze to the surrounding fields.

I’d barely settled in on my Computer when Kathy came downstairs for breakfast. We’ve been trying different things to break up the monotony of a routine so we had a couple of Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast with our Coffees that would be brought to the Computers. 

Even though I managed to catch up on my reading I had a major chore to do today. With it being over a week since the last Laundry Day I also took the time to change the Bedding. I’d sorted everything and just finished treating some extra soiled pieces when Kathy said lunch was ready. She made a wonderful Vegetable Beef Soup and she used up the Leftover Cantaloupe for our dessert.

I wasn’t alone using this as a day for Laundry. Even though the Transient Section was well thinned, there were plenty of Seasonals getting things cleaned up. The fact that the Humidex was 97 F (36 C) didn’t matter because of a slight North Breeze it was comfortable inside.

It was just after 3:00 when I got Home to find Kathy pouring over Maps that we picked up last week. She was using the Magnifying Glass in order to better pin-point where some locations were of things we want to see. 

For supper while Kathy was busy making a Garden Salad and Baked Potatoes in the Microwave I was grilling some Precooked Spare Ribs on the Weber. We’ve done a lot of grilling this year and today I noticed the Flame was blowing out but when I lifted the lid it would re-ignite. When I cooked the Bacon the other day the grease coated the inside of the grill and was burning. Since I’ve cooked Bacon a few times this year along with other things I hadn’t noticed that the Grease Tray below was so full the Drain itself was in the Grease. That meant the Flame had no Air Flow causing the burner to go out. When I would open the lid because I smelled Propane the burning Grease would re-ignite the flame. I cleaned it out after supper. Everything tasted great and we had a Yogurt Cup for dessert.

Kathy’s Floater is slowly clearing up as we continue to use Systane Complete. The Floater was caused by the Gel used to hold the Eye in place during her Cataract Surgery. The Gel is supposed to totally dissolve but if the Eye is not producing enough tears you get a Floater. By using the Systane to lubricate the Eye the Floater is slowly breaking up. This is also not the same kind of Floater that many, including myself have most of their lives. Most of the Floaters I had all my life would not disappear with Eyedrops but have disappeared when I had my Cataract Surgery done.

We watched an old movie called “Guilty Conscience” with Anthony Hopkins about a crooked lawyer trying to plan the Perfect Murder of his wife. It was sometimes difficult to follow but the ending was very fitting.

Even though the Humidex will be high for a while longer then originally forecasted we’ve got to keep getting things ready for our departure in just over a month. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

An old poacher makes the best gamekeeper.

4 comments:

  1. Hot and humid here and I really don't like it. Our poor air conditioner runs until we go to bed at night and struggles to win the battle. I keep hoping it will cool down someday. Always fun to start the route planning. One of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vegetable beef soup sure looks better than anything you could buy for sure! That humidity would sure kill me and you guys sure have a lot of it. hard to believe everyone is ready to hit the road south in a month or so :) Where does the time go?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No more air conditioning we woke up to frost this morning all was white with this stuff. Still no rain it's so dry we still have wildfires. Got the heater on and a sweatshirt on time to get out of here and head south we're it's warmer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx for the explanation. My floaters didn't clear up with cataract surgery either; just something to live with.

    ReplyDelete