It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 14, 2018

Bacon, Books and Exercise.


Our Location today is at McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

Waking long enough just to turn over every few hours is not the way I like to sleep because like this morning it was past 8:00 when I finally got out of bed. When I first looked outside after opening the Window Shades I could barely see out the Windows because of the heavy Dew. As soon as I checked The Weather Network and saw that there was 100% Humidity I understood why it was so damp.

Once we finished our lite breakfast we brought our Coffee/Tea to the Computers. I’ve been a member of the Legion for Twenty Years and every year the Dues come up for renewal. The Membership Cards were only made of Cardboard type material but that all changed last year. The Administration Ministry that takes care of the Legions realized it was time to Update and actually issue Plastic ID Cards which has another benefit. Once I’d finished my morning reading I found the Legion Website and was able to pay my Dues without making a special trip to the Legion itself. 
Bacon, Eggs with Toast and Cantaloupe for dessert.
Making it a Two-Cup morning we continued working on the Computers until it was time to start other chores. We purchased Three Pounds of Bacon the other day so that it could be cooked on our Weber Q and then put in the Freezer until it would be needed. I had been having cravings to have Bacon and Eggs for some time without mentioning it, but when Kathy suggested it I didn’t hesitate to agree. While Kathy was busy cooking our lunch, I was busy separating the rest of the Bacon so it would be easier to grill. Lunch tasted wonderful. We’ll have to do that more often. 

It didn’t take long after eating that I had the grill going outside and using a Grill Mat soon had a production line going. By cooking Bacon outside on the grill, you don’t splatter grease all over the kitchen, you don’t warm up the inside of the Trailer and your clothes along with all other belongings don’t smell like Bacon. That’s when you walk down a street and every dog in the neighbourhood starts following you. Even though there was a slight breeze today our Humidex hit 97 F (36 C). 
What three pounds of grilled Bacon looks like.
Once everything was cooked Kathy had to leave it cool before she could store it in her Rubbermaid Containers in the Freezer.

When we came back to Ontario before Easter we had run the Fridge on Propane as well as cooking on the Stove and running our Blue Flame Heater while we emptied the Trailer to keep from freezing. When we got it back it was only a week later that the one Propane Tank we had been using since leaving Quartzsite became Empty. Since we have an Extra Tank I simply switched it out and got the Empty One filled. I hadn’t given it a second thought until this morning so I went to check. Because we have been running the Fridge on Electric and only used our Blue Flame Heater a couple of times in a recent cold spell we still have close to Half in One Tank and the other is still Full.

I also took the time to empty and flush our Waste Tanks.

When I got inside Kathy asked if she could go to the Park Book Exchange Library to get some new reading material. That sounded good to me because I’ve needed to go to the Workout Room for some time but put other things ahead of my wellbeing. We walked over with me carrying the bag full of Books. After punching in the access code Kathy was happy to walk in to a well Air-Conditioned Room. 

While Kathy scanned the shelves for reading material I walked around to the Exercise Room. It had been so long that I only did Two Sets of Ten Reps of the Ten Different Exercises as a way of loosening up. If you overdo it on the first few times when you are just getting back to it, you won’t be able to move for days. 

Kathy had only found a few books by the time I got back to the Library. Knowing what she likes to read I was able to help her find the rest of her Books because I could see on the higher shelves.

Kathy started putting away the Bacon but since we still had some from the last time I did this she realized that she didn’t have enough Containers to store the Bacon. With that in mind we were on soon on our way to Amherstburg and the Dollarama.

Kathy’s legs were bothering her and I explained it’s because we haven’t been exercising or walking as much as we usually do. We spent a few extra minutes walking around the store after getting the Containers. 
While I was grilling Supper.
It was after 6:00 when we got Home but instead of wanting supper Kathy suggested we go for a Bike ride around the Park first. It felt good riding around every street in the Park and some more then once. With this being the start of the Weekend there were lots of younger families in the Transient Section. It was cute seeing the expression on the children’s faces who had never seen a Tandem Bicycle with Two People on it. 
Nice Pacific Salmon Fillet to share.
It was nearly 7:00 by the time we got back to the Trailer and started cooking supper. After I cleaned out an Acorn Squash, Kathy added the seasoning before cooking it in the Microwave. I was outside grilling a beautiful Pacific Salmon Fillet for us to share on our Weber. It was nearly 8:00 when we ate supper but everything tasted delicious. 
Acorn Squash and Grilled Pacific Salmon.
Tomorrow the Humidex is supposed to be higher and we’ve got things we need to do. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration


Who would give a law to lovers?

Love is unto itself a higher law.

Boethius, 6th Century Philosopher

1 comment:

  1. Boy does that bacon look good!!! Question ... do you close to lid to cook it or leave it open?

    ReplyDelete