It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, September 24, 2018

Chores, Research, Rain and Set-Up.


Our Location today is at McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

Before going to bed last night, we made the decision that we’d change our bedding today to the Winter Sheets. Even though the temperature didn’t dip as low as Sunday morning we were just as cold. 
The better part of the day.
As soon as I’d finished my first Coffee at the Computer this morning I knew that we would be getting Rain by Mid-Afternoon so it was a scramble to get things done. Kathy once again settled in to doing more research of things we can see and do while heading to the Southwest for the winter. 

Since Kathy was so involved with what she was doing I again started making a nice hot Drink along with some Chicken Noodle Soup for our lunch. Kathy came to the rescue and added Cheese Sticks for sides and Yogurt Cups for our dessert as a way of keeping our Calcium levels where they should be.

When I got to the Park Laundry Room there were a few others already busy folding their clothes giving me my choice of Washers to use. It didn’t take long before I was able to work on my Puzzles. It was perfectly timed as everyone else left I was able to start transferring our laundry to the Dryers.

Having nearly an Hour to wait and not having been to the Exercise Room in a couple of weeks I simply walked over. It felt wonderful stressing the muscles that most needed it. I was just about to look at the time when Mother Nature saved me the trouble by starting to Rain earlier then forecasted. I made a quick dash back to the Laundry Room but not without getting my sweater nice and wet. To fix that problem I simply tossed it in the Dryer with the dark clothes. By the time it came out it was not only dry but nice and warm to boot.

Back at the Trailer Kathy was still on the Computers. Notice the Plural? She was finding things on one Computer then checking their approximate location with the other. Seeing it visually on a map helped her to better understand the distances between. Once I put away most of the Laundry I helped her out for a few minutes. 

For supper I helped by chopping Vegetables for Kathy to make the Chicken Salad Wraps that she had planned on making for our lunch. She also served Oranges and Cookies on the side for our dessert.

We later watched the movie “Set Up” with Bruce Willis as a Mob Boss. They say there is no honour amongst thieves. This was a good example how nobody really wins.

We have our Winter Sheets on our bed so we should sleep better tonight. The Rain has not stopped since I returned from doing the Laundry and is not supposed to stop until late Wednesday. Tomorrow we have a day full of errands and Wednesday might be just as bad. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Cowards die many times before their deaths,

 the valiant never taste of death but once.

William Shakespeare

4 comments:

  1. We aren't ready for the winter sheets yet but it has cooled down. Which is wonderful. Be careful out there in the rain as you run errands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deciding on a route is one of my least favorite things to do, but I wouldn't go without a set plan. I don't understand people who can just wing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine how warm and cozy those sheets are for sure! 34 degrees here this am, so if it keeps up we won't be too far behind you! Good luck with the planning..exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I haven't been on the computer lately. Other things going on. Where are you headed in the southwest?

    ReplyDelete