It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Buying Tickets, Bake Sale, Ice Cream Social, Organizing and Data Entries.

Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Even though the temperature was only dropping down to 55 F (13 C) last night I just went ahead and left the bedcover on when I turned the bed down. The result was disastrous because we again slept until nearly 9:00 this morning. We are Retired and we didn’t have anything scheduled until later this afternoon so its safe to say we are allowed.

We managed to get a number of things besides working on the Computers accomplished this morning. Getting things reorganized and making other plans for later this week.

When it was lunchtime Kathy made up Salmon Sandwiches while I served up the last of the Six-Inch Chocolate Cover Zucchini Cake. It also has real Zucchini in the cake giving it some Health Benefits

As soon as lunch was finished I walked over to the Park Clubhouse where There were three things happening there today. The most important was the sale of tickets for the Farewell End Of The Season Dinner. I arrived by 12:30 and the tickets didn’t go on sale until 1:00 but others had arrived before I did. In the past, there were some people who would cut in line and others that had been waiting lost out because they are limited to the Hall Capacity. Today one of the Seasonal Volunteers was outside to hand out numbers so when the doors opened you were let in by the order of your number.

Kathy had stayed behind to do the dishes but was planning on joining me. There were two other things happening at the Clubhouse today. The second was a Bake Sale. Volunteers produce Baked Goods that are sold and the money raised goes into the Charitable Donation moneys along with the monies raised from the Ice Cream Social. That was the third thing happening at the Clubhouse today. Being this is Labour Day Weekend there were a lot of Weekend Campers with their children who were also taking advantage of this deal.

When Kathy arrived the first thing she did was to buy some Walnut Tarts that came Home for a later snack. I was still standing in line slowly getting closer to the table to buy our tickets. Once I finally had our tickets I also purchased our tickets for the Ice Cream Social. Giving Kathy her ticket I guarded the Walnut Tarts while she got her treat. When she returned it was my turn to go get mine. Where else can you buy a snack and support a Charity at the same time.

Once we were back Home Kathy started getting her Bookkeeping done first assorting the receipts then making the Data Entries on the Computer. I worked outside trying to organize the new toolbox we had purchased. I had thought that it was large enough to fit all our tools together but after several attempts other tool boxes will still be needed. I also did some measuring for things that will be needed to finish setting up our Macerator Pump for when we head to the desert southwest.

For supper while Kathy made a Mediterranean Salad and microwaved some Sweet Potatoes I grilled some Spare Ribs that we got last week. Everything turned out great and tasted delicious including the Walnut Tarts that we bought at the Bake Sale

After eating it was my turn to do some Data Entries on the Computer. I monitor our fuel usage and had fallen behind. Two hours later and I’m only part way through. It’s amazing the fuel you can go through when traveling.

With tomorrow being the last day of summer before the kids head Back to School on Tuesday we’re not quite sure what we are doing at this point. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Joke of the Day

Two city slickers felt cold as they sat in a rented kayak, so the actually lit a fire in it. Not surprisingly it sank, proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it too.

2 comments:

  1. I've been to a few ice cream socials, but never got there in time to get any ice cream ... even when it was five minutes after they opened the door!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. During our full time years I spent lots of time logging all kinds of dataom the computer. I do not think I have ever gone back and looked at the stuff:(

    ReplyDelete