It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Reorganizing, Collecting Materials, Double Shower Day and Double Anniversary.


Our Location today is at the La Posa South, LTVA, Quartzsite, Arizona.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Had another restless night and I was so wide awake even after taking an Extra Strength Tylenol to relax that I still spent over an Hour reading on the Computer trying to relax. Back to sleep by 5:00 I was surprised when I woke feeling refreshed by 8:00 this morning.
Looking outside I was happy to see that the Sun was busy charging our Batteries through our Solar Panels. Looking over at Ken’s Flags they were struggling to even move their tips. Again I needed to turn on our Blue Flame Heater just to take the chill out of the air. By the time Kathy got up I had finished my morning reading, finished putting away the last of the Canned Goods from our grocery shopping and had everything ready for breakfast.
When Kathy settled in at her Computer I was busy getting my inside chores completed and getting ready to go outside to get the Folded Laundry that we had been too tired to bring in last night. It didn’t take long to sort out and get it all put away.

Now it was time to load the Truck. Since we have been getting so many cold nights we have needed to use our Blue Flame Heater on low first thing in the mornings to warm things up. Going outside I found another Propane Tank that needed to be replaced with our Full Spare Tank. After loading that in the Truck it was time to add our Drinking Water Containers.
By that time Kathy figured that we would need a little extra energy for this afternoon so she had been busy making Belgium Waffles for lunch. They were delicious and no extras were needed.

We arrived at Quiet Times just after noon and it was packed. It took a little time but before we knew it we had both our packages that contained the Meters for our Wind Generator and Batteries.
Lots of different Greens in the desert.
Next we headed to RV Pit Stop to fill our Drinking Water Containers. Their Purified Drinking Water Stations have long Hoses unlike the Reverse Osmosis Machines in town which you have to put the Container inside the Machine. The long Hose allows you to fill your Containers right in your vehicle without lifting it. That means you only have to lift them once to bring inside your RV. By the time we finished doing that we simply drove right up to the Propane Fill Station to refill our Tank. Two Birds One Stop.
Having reviewed the Wiring Diagrams for these Meters while on the Computer this morning I had checked my supplies and found that there were different Coloured Wires that I was in need of. Normally I carry a selection of different Wires but to lighten the load this year left most of it was left in our Garden Shed back in McGregor. Having seen small rolls of Wire at reasonable prices offered at K&B Tools in the past that’s where we went. After coming up Empty-Handed because they decided not to carry Wire this year they suggested I go to Herb’s.
At Herb’s Hardware it took only a Couple of Minutes and I had what I’ll need to connect the Meters to the Batteries and the Wind Generator.
Protecting a nearby nest.
Lunch was no longer holding us over and we have been behaving ourselves by watching what we eat. Besides the Temperature actually reached 77 F (25 C) this afternoon. We went over to Dorothy and Toto’s Ice Cream Shop where a single cone of their delicious Ice Cream helped cool us down and fill our voids.
With the forecasted increase in Temperatures and the decrease in High Winds we’ll finally be able to enjoy more Campfires. After our Ice Creams we stopped to get more Firewood at D.J.’s. Because our grandson has the same Initials we hit it off with this hardworking young man Two Years ago and have continued buying our Firewood from him. He finally made enough profit to invest in a Log-Splitter to make his work easier. We added a few more boxes of Juniper to the back of our Truck to take Home.

When we got Home the Drinking Water as well as our Purchases were brought inside the Trailer. It was then time for another chore. After locking our Spare Propane Tank up it was time to get Fresh Water for the Trailer. It was over a week since I last filled our Tank so it was time.
Kathy joined me for the ride and the chance to get out in the Fresh Air. There was only One other Truck there filling up on Water. We were talking while I was filling our Fresh Water Barrel but my hand lost its grip on the Hose. We had planned on taking Showers this evening but we both had an early one as well. 
Back Home after letting Kathy in the Trailer I filled our Fresh Water Tank but not to the point of overflowing. With more Water still in the Barrel I’ll be able to top off our Tank tomorrow to replace the Water we’ll use tonight.
Wanting something different for supper Kathy had me grill a Store Bought Pizza on our Weber. It only took a Half Hour to have a Toasty but not Burnt Crust and it tasted delicious.
After having missed the Sunrise this morning I wasn’t happy when the Sun set behind a wall of Clouds. We truly enjoyed our Showers and are sitting here listening to the Coyotes howling outside.
Today was a Double Anniversary Date for me. It was Forty-Six Years ago today that I first started working for Ford Motor Company in Windsor. It was also Ten Years ago today that I walked out of the Plant for the last time signalling the start of my Retirement.

We’ve got lots to do tomorrow because the Winds will be back on the Weekend and I want to be able to monitor our Wind Generator. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

How far that little candle throws its beams!

So shines a good deed in a naughty world.

William Shakespeare

5 comments:

  1. It always feels good to get so much done. I think Kathy is spoiling you with those waffles for breakfast!! They look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another busy day. There's always something to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..again you two tire me out just reading! Waffles look delicious for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another full day for you. Happy 10 years of retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you will be happy to finally finish off the wiring for the wind generator.

    ReplyDelete