It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, February 9, 2019

More Bad News, Hot Showers, Getting Things Completed and Wonderful Meal.


Our Location today is at the La Posa South, LTVA, Quartzsite, Arizona.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

After having had Two bad nights sleep in a row when my head hit the pillow last night my eyes didn’t open until just before 7:30 this morning. I managed to get a picture even before the glow of the Sun started to appear along the Mountain Range to the east but the Camera brightened up the picture. Once all the Window Shades had been raised and everything was ready for breakfast I settled in at my Computer. As I looked out the Window the Sun slipped behind a wall of Clouds making it a very dreary day.
Before Sunrise.
Checking our hometown News Paper I spotted what I didn’t wanted to see first thing this morning. All week we have dealt with the loss of Two fellow RV Bloggers as well as our Dear Friend Bill. This morning the first person listed on that final page was my Godfather. He was the last of my father’s brothers to pass. The last I knew before we left to come south was that he was enjoying living in a Retirement Home in Windsor. He was a gentle man who was always willing to help others when he could. He was 89.
An Hour after Sunrise.
Kathy joined me before too long and after eating breakfast we settled in at our Computers. Other then a few chores we really didn’t plan very much but then we looked outside that all changed. The Flags at our neighbour Ken’s tent were showing us the Wind was coming out of the southwest. Lately we’ve been having issues with our Water Heater setting off the Propane Detector every time we turned it on when the Wind was blowing from the north. That meant that we had to settle for Sponge Baths to wash at night rather then taking Showers. By Lunchtime we’d both enjoyed a wonderful Hot Shower which also helped take the chill out of our bodies.
For lunch we enjoyed a nice Split Pea and Ham Soup along with a Yogurt Cup for dessert. Kathy planned to do some vacuuming while I headed outside.
Sky starting to clear.
My chore was to empty our Waste Tanks even though it had only been Eleven Days since it was last done since we will be busy for the next couple of days. By the time I had setup the Barrels in the back of the Truck Wayne came over to talk. Since we are close to the same age and we both had backgrounds around in Industry we both seem to think along the same way and use one another as sounding boards.
By the time I drove over to the Dump Station there were Six RVs in line ahead of me. There had been a problem earlier this week but today the longest anyone was there was Ten Minutes.
When I arrived at the Fresh Water Filling area there was no one else there until I started filling our Barrel. Then suddenly all Eight Stations were filled which really slowed down the Water flow.
Now that the Government Shutdown is over it was very easy to put our trash in the Garbage Bins without anything on the ground.
Almost clear Sky.
Back Home as I got ready to transfer the Fresh Water to the Trailer Wayne once again came over to talk for a short while. It was at that moment that we started seeing Blue Sky appearing to the north. That seemed to lift both our spirits.
When I went inside to shut the Water Pump off so I could fill our Tank Kathy needed me to cut an Acorn Squash that she wanted to cook in the Microwave and slice a Potato she wanted to sautee in the Frying Pan. There was also a nice Pacific Salmon Fillet on the counter ready for me to grill. Everything was being cooked, sauteed and grilled before the Water Tank was completely filled.
Since we had greasy dishes and pans to clean we again needed the Water Heater on. That’s when I remember that I needed to check our Propane Tanks. It was a good thing I did check or I would have been changing them in my Pajamas again like the last time. One Propane Tank was Empty and the other barely had anything in it. It’s also a good thing we have an Extra Propane Tank so we can get the others filled tomorrow..
By the time I finished that I realized that I was missing the Sunset Pictures. Tomorrow we have a Long Distance Birthday to celebrate. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

There are craw fish in your home aquarium.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my ... so sorry to hear about your Godfather. I'm thankful for every day I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems extra sad to see the last of a generation to die.
    Sorry about your god father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your uncle, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet another loss for you. So very sorry this is all happening at the same time. Perhaps this is why you are sleeping well at night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our condolences about the passing of your godfather and uncle. Interesting sky photos out there in the desert. Looking forward to your posting when the wind generator arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about your Godfather and Uncle. Kathy's split pea and ham soup always looks so good! Beautiful sunset pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about you Godfathers passing.

    It was so cloudy here today we expected it to start pouring down rain any minute. Then all of a sudden it was sunny but then the wind kicked in

    ReplyDelete