It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Notice Correction, Cowboy Nachos, Drinking Water and Personal Care.


Our Location today is at the La Posa South, LTVA, Quartzsite, Arizona.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Kathy could not stop thinking last night when she went to bed and didn’t fall asleep until after 3:00 this morning. I was a little luckier. I woke around 3:00 and didn’t get back to sleep until around 6:00. It could have been that the temperature was hoovering around the Freezing Mark and we didn’t have our Blue Flame Heater on. Let’s just say when I got up at 7:30 it didn’t take long to turn it on.
After doing my usual morning preparations I was soon on my Computer. When I saw that we were only Two Degrees warmer than back in Windsor I was not impressed.
David and Sherry (Picture from their Blog)
In the Direction of Our Dreams.
Last night when I mentioned that Sherry from the blog In the Direction of Our Dreams had announced that her husband David had passed away after a long battle with Skin Cancer I was wrong. Flower Girl corrected me saying that it was actually a Blood Cancer called Multiple Melanoma which I have since corrected on yesterday’s post. Either way David throughout his ordeal was always a true Gentleman with a smile on his face and a pleasant word. Sadly it seems no matter which way you turn you are reading about someone being diagnosed with some form of the disease.

After having a Lite breakfast and completing our morning reading on our Computers we still needed to refill our Drinking Water Jugs. Since this was Thursday and we have both had a craving we decided we would combine our errand with eating out. After loading our Water Jugs in the Truck and talking briefly with Wayne we were soon heading into Quartzsite.

Our destination was the Main Street Restaurant where on Thursdays they serve what they call Cowboy Nachos. As we were pulling in a familiar black Jeep tooted his horn. It was Tom from Celebrating the Dance leaving. By the time we parked he was heading up Main Street.
As soon as we sat down Michelle the owner simply held the menus in her hand and asked if that’s what we were having. Within minutes we were being served our lunch. Only on Thursday the Restaurant makes Homemade Nacho Chips, that are covered with Shredded Barbecued Beef, Onions, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Beans, Cheese and Cilantro. It is slightly seasoned not Salty and served with Salsa and Sour Cream. They call them Cowboy Nachos it is a meal by itself but it won’t leave you feeling stuffed. The problem is it is only served at lunchtime until they run out and they don't offer them through the month of January. If you want to try something with a unique flavour give them a try and tell them you saw it on our Blog.

Our next stop was RV Pit Stop to fill our Water Jugs. I fasten them in the back of the Truck and simply back up to one of their Filtered Water Buildings and fill them there. That means that I don’t have to lift the Jugs until we get Home. We were just getting started when the place filled up and we ended up with a Huge Class A Diesel Pusher blocking us in while they fast filled 150 Gallons of Drinking Water into its tank. At $.20 a Gallon it’s still a bargain.
Notice the desert is getting green from all the Rain we've had.
We’d barely passed Kuehn Street as we headed down Arizona 95 when the Truck went into Regeneration Mode to clean the Diesel Particulate Filter. Kathy insisted we drive it until it was finished the process so we drove past La Posa South LTVA at Mile Marker 101 and turned around at Mile Marker 91.
Kathy cleaning the Windshield.
Back Home while I brought the Water Jugs inside Kathy went out with the Windex Window Cleaner. She totally destroyed our Bug Collection we had on our Windshield that the Wipers could not take off. She then turned her attention to the other windows before coming in.
While she was doing that she had no idea what I was doing inside but the minute she walked in the door she had a big smile on her face. I’ve mentioned how Kathy has a Certified Foot Nurse come to our home when we are in Ontario to tend to her Feet because of her Diabetes. When we travel that becomes my job and we have special Nail Clippers that are only used on Kathy’s feet so there is no chance of Infections. She had mentioned her feet were bothering her but it was finding the Time. After soaking her feet I started giving her a special Pedicure and by the time I was done she said her feet were in Heaven.
Now it was Time to take care of myself. Using the Dumbbells that I carry in the Basement I was able to ease a lot of pain that I have in my Shoulders and Neck. I only had Twenty Minutes but by the time Kathy called me for supper it felt much better.
Pepper Steak on Rice with Parmesan Cheese.
The Sun was already setting by the time we sat down to have the Leftover Pepper Steak from last night. By it setting overnight the flavours melded together making it taste even better than the first time. We also had the Leftover Banana Cream Pie for dessert.
Banana Cream Pie.
When we went on the Computers this evening I received notice from Amazon that all my packages had been shipped earlier today and were right on schedule to be delivered next week. I’ll be writing more about the One package and why we chose it over the many other choices. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Classic Bumper Sticker #352

Keep Honking I'm reloading.

4 comments:

  1. I've got to say those cowboy nachos look awesome! My real weakness, Mexican food! Sounds like another good day here in paradise! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David died of Multiple Myeloma, it is a cancer of the Plasma Cells.
    We too have a bug collection that must be addressed in the next day or two. Of course they only hit where I look out or Riley aims the camera.
    I agree with Shirley, the cowboy nachos looked awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been way too long since I have had my RV out in that area. In fact, it has been a long tome since I have had my motorhome on the road.

    ReplyDelete