It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Some Work On The Wind Generator and Cooking On A Rainy Day.


Our Location today is at the La Posa South, LTVA, Quartzsite, Arizona.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

The Wind was rustling our Slide Toppers slightly before we went to bed last night but not too badly. Kathy managed to drift off to sleep as she listened to the pattering sound of the Rain on our Roof. No matter what I did including taking an Extra Strength Tylenol I spent most of the night wishing I would just fall asleep.
I was sitting at my Computer by 6:30 and tried taking a few pictures of the eastern sky but it was so dark that the Camera would not focus. By 8:30 when Kathy joined me downstairs I had finished my morning reading.

After eating breakfast I protected our Table and used it as a work surface. Having verified that the Wind Generator is actually an Alternator (it develops AC current) I set about wiring the Cord to it. As mentioned the other day the Extension Cord that I’m using is actually a heavier wire then what is coming out of the Generator itself. It will also make Setting-Up and Tearing Down much easier.
Once it was sub-assembled I dawned my Raincoat to go outside and tighten the Mast Bolts. I didn’t want to slip and leave a nasty gouge in the Table.
No sooner had I closed the door after coming back in the Rain started coming down with more urgency. That gave me the chance to add the Feathers on to get a better idea of the full size of the Unit. Kathy really had not expected it to be as large as it is.
Removing the Feathers for safe keeping until the Tower is assembled I had the chance to talk with Wayne outside. We both had our Raincoats on to keep dry but the dampness was making it feel cooler then it was. Kathy called me for lunch a few minutes later.
Kathy made a Chicken Stir Fry for lunch and added a couple of French Pastry that we picked up on Tuesday at Coyote Fresh Foods for dessert. Coyote Fresh Foods bakes all their own Pastries and Breads and we have never had French Pastry as full of Fruit as we did today.
We had not finished eating when the Rain started coming down hard enough that we couldn’t see the Mountains all around us. It was like they had disappeared.
Kathy cleaned up the rest of the cooked Chicken we had in the Fridge along with some Vegetables and put me on chopping detail. Soon she had created her stock and immediately set about making her Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup with Vegetables.
Mountains starting to disappear.
Since the Winds were blowing from the South we were able to fire up the Propane Side of the Water Heater so we could get our dishes squeaky clean.
Supper was Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup with Vegetables along with some Bread and Pie that also came from Coyote Fresh Foods. Everything tasted wonderful.
No Mountains?
Not having the Wind Generator up and running just yet and the lack of Light (No Sun) to charge our Batteries I decided to run our Honda Generator for a while. The hard Rain had stopped and it was only drizzling when I went out. It is a good thing we have our Honda Generator sitting on a Skid off the ground because there was at least an Inch of Water under the front of the Trailer where it is kept.

We hope all our readers had a chance to enjoy a Happy Valentine's Day with someone special.

I don’t know if I’ll be working on the Tower tomorrow because we’ve got plans. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

For Valentine's Day, you take your wife to dinner at the Walmart snack bar.

4 comments:

  1. Some seems to have happened to your font size Rick. The first and third paragraphs are so tiny I can barely read them. No rain for us yesterday, but it sure hit last night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here on the font size.
    Looks like the wind generator is coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your generator is coming along nicely, looking forward to the end results. I remember that you said awhile back about the the font size, I've been meaning to tell you that, when we compose our blogs, we do it in word first, then copy and paste in blogger. That way we can change the font size to what ever we want. After we copy and paste, we insert our pictures. You may want to try this and see if it works better for you. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We didn't get much rain on this side of town but other areas had some bad flooding.
    Can't wait to see your finished product

    ReplyDelete