It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, November 21, 2022

Getting Ready, Relief and A Delivery.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though I spent as much time staring at the Clock and Ceiling as I did sleeping last night it felt good to be back on the Day Shift. A bit chilly heading out the door with the temperature gauge showing a balmy 18 F (-8 C) but through the years we learned to dress for it.

Jason arrived only seconds before me and was busy turning the lights on as I walked in the door. Since I had been so tired when I left on Friday the first thing on my agenda at 6:00 was to load the Feedscrew highest on the priority list into the Plasma Transfer Arc. It was strange that as humans we are taught to Multi-Task yet the PTA would not allow me to enter the Data for the job while it was busy emptying the Powder from the other day.

I’ve mentioned before how these Feedscrews are divided into Zones and all the Data for each Zone is added on Two Spreadsheets to control the welding. Today this Feedscrew had Eight Zones even though it is only Four Inches in diameter. It was past 10:00 before that task was complete and there is approximately Ten Hours of welding to do. With plenty of other repairs to do using the TIG Welder it could wait until tomorrow. All the repairs I did today will either be shipped to the Customer or sent to be chromed this week.

I had hoped to finish my day early so I could pick Kathy up to go for a ride but as usual I was delayed and had to go to the Dentist’s Office by myself. These new dentures are causing me more pain and suffering then all the Toothaches I ever had in my life. Adam wasn’t in but Grant was able to relieve some of the discomfort.

When I fill the Car with gas the other day the price of Diesel was the lowest it had been in some time but I waited. Going to work and out to Amherstburg used enough fuel that when I stopped at the Pioneer gas station the price had dropped since this morning by Ten Cents/Litre. That meant I saved over Ten Dollars which is not always the case by simply waiting.

When I got home Kathy served Chinese Food for supper along with Yogurt Cups and Nanaimo Bars for dessert. She also received a call that a package had been delivered for us at the Storage Yard where our Mailing Address is. When I checked our Amazon Tracking it showed Four Separate Solar Panels delivered but the value indicated only One had arrived. We’ll find out tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

My first job was working in a juice factory but I got canned. Couldn’t concentrate.

1 comment: