It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Big Change.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

You can always tell when your body is starting to get back on a normal routine. My work day Alarm is set for 4:45 and I opened my eyes to look at the Clock at 4:44. That meant I didn’t wake in the rushed mode we all go into when we hear those things waking us up.

Having seen the weather report saying how cold it was going to be today I dressed in layers to keep warm. Imagine my surprise when it felt like a mild Spring day outside. The temperature gauge in the Truck showed it to be 10 C (50 F).

Trying to get ahead of the game I was again back in the Plant before 6:00 this morning. There were Two Feedscrews that needed a few touch ups before I went back to the Plasma Transfer Arc. I was in the process of recovering the Screw I had buried in the Sandbox yesterday, when the rest of the crew started their shift. I was just getting it warmed up when they needed more touch-ups. It seems some of the Machinist have Tunnel Vision and only concentrate on one area at a time. That meant I had to move the TIG each of the Four Times that I worked on the one unit.

I mentioned yesterday how on a fluke I saw the Torch was veering Left then running Parallel to the Flight. This morning I used that as a guideline before hitting the Weld Button. Today the Torch veered to the Right but with my hand already on the Centering Knob it was easy to correct. Even though I was kept constantly busy making adjustments things were going well. The first Flight was finished after Three Hours and I was just starting the Second when the Customer came in to see how it was going.

When everyone else was on lunch, I talked with Kathy while keeping the job going. She reminded me of stopping at Guardian Storage. I said I wasn’t making Plans, because they seldom happen, but would try to make it.

Around 1:00 Mile came to see the progress then informed me the Customer requested another layer of material which would add Two Hundred Thousandths of an Inch. I made a few adjustments to the PTA and completed Two Flights in under Five Hours.

That meant I did not punch out until after 6:30. It also meant I did not get to the Storage Yard Office that closed at 5:00. It’s time to start to leave jobs to finish until the next day.

When I headed to the Truck I was only wearing my jacket because of this morning’s moderate temperature. I had to add my Hoodie because the temperature was -1 C (30 F). That was quite the change.

Supper was Fast Food again. It was after 7:00 when I walked into the Apartment.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Jump and you will find out how to unfold your wings as you fall.

Ray Bradbury, American author

No comments:

Post a Comment