It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2022

Definitely Not As Planned.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

All our readers know that I enjoy a challenge but there are times it can be overwhelming. When I started this job it was perfect. Steady days with a little overtime thrown in, it was perfect. I still had a life outside the plant and Kathy and I were a couple. Since I’ve been on the Afternoon Shift it has gotten progressively strained.

The first couple of weeks we were getting things caught up and people were starting to smile. I would be home until 2:00 when I would head in and generally be heading home around Midnight. With the growing problem of Pinholes in the Bearing Surfaces on the Ten Inch Feedscrews tempers have flared and fingers have been pointed but this week it went beyond bad.

The Owner Mile started taking it out on Alec and even if I admitted to having done the job myself it did not matter. I have suggested making the channels deeper, changing the heat setting and even trying a different supplier for the Powder. Mile being old European focused his blame on Alec and would not walk away but kept returning to grill his feelings on him.

Even though it is not said I personally believe Alec to be on the High Functioning Spectrum of Autism. He is extremely smart but lacks his ability to socially interact with those he is unfamiliar with. In the Three Months I have worked with him, he has really become friendly with me but others he has less contact with that have been there for years, not so much. In order to calm Mile I stayed late on Monday and early last night. With Thirty-Four hours in Three Days I’m looking forward to my weekend.

The sad part is Alec will be leaving after Friday so there goes my Mentor. Also Gabriel who also helped me through some rough times will also be leaving. He wished he had met me earlier in our lives. All these lives disrupted because of Stress and Mile wonders why he is not feeling well.

If Alec leaves I will return to days so our lives will again be more normal. Anything new that I learn will be on my own.

This weekend there is a small gathering with my Aunt Anna along with time at our Trailer. That will give me time to do more measuring. Thanks Marlene for the tip about the Solar Panels on sale at Amazon.

Hoping to be back to our normal Blog soon.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

The biggest lessons I learned were probably the times where I had the biggest setbacks and the biggest challenges when I had the biggest jumps forward and lessons learned.

Michelle Kwan, American figure skater

4 comments:

  1. How does that saying go? The only thing that is constant is change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally got all caught up with your blog. Wanted to congratulate you guys on the purchase of your new rig.

    It is a shame Mile will be losing two good workers and you a mentor and a friend. Hopefully, all will return back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete