It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2022

It Felt Good.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

The one thing I have noticed that since I was on the Afternoon Shift my body has yet to readjust itself to waking on Days without the use of the Alarm. Another factor to consider is that we have just returned to Eastern Standard Time from the Daylight Savings Time which added another change to our Biological Clocks that we really didn’t need.

Things were back to normal this morning with Mile opening the door before Jason and I arrived for our early 6:00 shift. With reports of more Coronavirus Cases being found throughout our area Mile was back to checking our Temperatures as extra precaution for our safety.

Fortunately for me the Feedscrews that I needed to start welding on were already on the Bench. After setting up the Portable Welding Shield and the TIG Welder it would be after 9:00 before I completed the Mixer repair on the Eight Inch Screw. One reason it took so long was the fact that the Colmonoy Filler was emitting particles back into the Torch. It took very little of those particles to build before the Ceramic Nozzle would actually break apart. It took Five Ceramic Nozzles and One Gas Diffuser to complete that job.

Using the last Ceramic Nozzle I was able to spend the next Two Hours repairing the Shank on a Ten Inch Screw using Stainless Steel as the filler.

It felt good to get back to welding the way I have always done it, “Hands On” not by directing a Machine to do my job.

I actually had the chance to talk to Kathy while on my lunch. She had safely gotten her Blood Tests completed and she didn’t get lost due to all the Road Construction that is still ongoing. Then I made the mistake of saying I would probably be heading for home at 3:30.

Sure enough I was shown the next job I’ll be doing on the PTA. The beauty of that job is once it is welded it is sent back to the Customer who will machine it themselves.

Then I was told to weld the Bubble Section of another Screw. (I have no idea why they call it that.) This required Stick Welding to build up Sixteen Lugs with Stainless Steel. The first Four went perfectly but then the Twist Grip Electrode Holder suddenly would no longer grip the Rods. Luckily there was a spare in the Crib and I changed it out. The internal thread on the faulty one was stripped. The Two People other them myself in the Plant that use that machine really tighten it much too hard. Being a soft material it was no wonder that it failed. It was 4:45 when I punched out so I was only an Hour late.

For it being a Wednesday there were certainly a lot of Sunday Drivers on the way home. As a way of not overdoing the Veggie Wraps we used the Leftover Stir-Fry to make a Veggie and Cheese Omelette. Along with a Yogurt Cup and a piece of Chocolate Cake it made for a balanced supper.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

A priest, a rabbi and a gorilla walk into a bar. The bartender looks over and says, “Is this some kind of joke?”

1 comment: