It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Telemarketing Rant, A Slight Loss, Comment Information Research and Cooler Temps.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

It hasn’t happened in a while but it started over again this morning. With the Fresh Air flowing through the Bedroom Window overnight it was no wonder that we slept in slightly this morning. I had barely gotten up and was heading in the Kitchen when the phone rang. It was a Telemarketer explaining that it was time to get our Duct Work cleaned. Lets just say he was reminded that we live in an Apartment that has no Ducts and to !@#$%^& never call again.

We finished breakfast and were at our Computers when Kathy’s Cell Phone started going off. Since I move faster then she does when I didn’t recognize the number I didn’t answer it. When Weed-Man later called to offer me a special on Lawn Care I told him about living in an Apartment. This guy apologized not like the one five years ago when we lived in a different apartment that called me a liar.
Morning Sky to the East.
We had just finished our second cup when the phone rang again. When I went to get out of my chair my sleeve somehow hooked the handle of the Mug that I’ve used for the last Ten Years. Let’s just say our daughter Karen was a probably more then a little concerned by the way I answered the phone. Once I explained about the Calls and the demise of my Mug I calmed down. When the call was over the remains were placed in the trash. Good thing it was empty.
For lunch while I modified a Caesars Salad by adding Bacon, Celery, Onion, Peppers and Shredded Cheese Kathy sliced us each another piece of the Strawberry/Rhubarb/Walnut Bread that our daughter Karen had given us on Sunday for dessert. It all tasted wonderful and was more then satisfying.

The other day I mentioned how Kathy had found a report from a Canadian Doctor saying the International Borders could be closed until 2023. After a request for the site she again went delving On-line to find multiple sites. In order not to lose them we created Shortcuts to each on her Desktop. I should be able to transfer them tomorrow so that I can add links on our Blog.

These reports would only affect Canadian Snowbirds who go South of the Border during the Winter. For Fulltime RVers that could mean needing to find someplace to stay until such time as International Travel is again allowed.

On the 6 o’clock Local News the Windsor/Essex region is the only part of Ontario that’s been left in Phase 2 of the Coronavirus Recovery. Our temperatures will be below seasonal for a few days before returning to the Roller Coaster we have gotten used to. We never saw the Sun today.
For supper I made Grilled Cheese Sandwiches garnished with Dill Pickles and Kathy made Baked (nuked) Apples along with Yogurt Cups for dessert
That's some Blue Sky at the Horizon.
Tonight our temperature is forecasted to reach 55 F (13 C). Think we’ll be sleeping in again in the morning. Tomorrow we hope to change things up a bit. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Two muffins are sitting in an oven.

One of the muffins says, “It’s getting hot in here.”

The other muffin says, “AAAAAHHH! A talking muffin!”

4 comments:

  1. I can sympathize with your telemarketer plight ours happen to be house flippers. We set our ringers to OFF unless we are waiting on a call and tell our friends to leave a message and we will get back to them.

    I would kill for 55-degree nighttime temperatures. As I am typing this it is 2:39 a.m. CST and the temperature is 85 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If a name doesn't come up when the phone rings we do not answer it. Legit calls will leave a message and we can call them back. Its 59 here this morning and it does make for gosleeping. bg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 55F is better sleeping temperature than the 78F here in Hudson, Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't answer calls with numbers I don't recognize and our phones will often inform us that it is possibly a scam. If no message is left, I block the # after they try a couple of times.
    The weather is certainly a roller coaster ride.

    ReplyDelete