It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Sound Sleep, Whats A Derecho and Keeping Our Fingers Crossed.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

After a busier then expected day yesterday it was no wonder that we slept soundly all night. When I looked at the Clock at 6:50 I thought “just a few more minutes”. When the Clock showed 8:02 I thought “time to get up”. When the Clock showed 9:12 I thought “what the Hxxx” and jumped out of bed. Unfortunately that move woke Kathy up. I knew there was nothing pressing to worry about today but deep down I remember my father telling me “there’s work to do”.
Our breakfast view.
We enjoyed a Morning Glory Muffin for breakfast before moving over to the Computers. Other then answering a Scam Call on the phone then leaving a message with the Customer Service Rep at Jayco I spent the morning and part of the afternoon getting caught up of the Blogs we follow. It took longer then I expected because many of those I had two days of reading to do so not everyone received a Comment.

Kathy busied herself trying on clothes we’d brought from the Storage Unit many of which will be brought to the Local Donation Centers now that they are open.
We kept our lunch lite due to the late breakfast. Chicken Noodle Soup was lunch then the dessert plate was Cherries, Cookies and a Yogurt Cup.

After we ate Kathy was reading the International News and found something new that she had never heard about before. How many of you know what a Derecho is? It’s like a Land Hurricane. No Funnel Clouds but a wide straight line of high Winds doing major damage. Last night a Derecho hit many Midwestern States resulting in Two Fatalities but lots of Damage. One of the States affected was the northern part of Indiana where our Trailer was being brought to yesterday. I placed a second call to the Jayco Rep only to leave a second voice mail today. We’ll keep our fingers crossed.

Since we weren’t too active today we waited until the 6 o’clock Local News was over before having Macaroni and Cheese along with a mug of Tea for supper.

With slightly cooler temperatures forecasted for the next couple of days we’ll see what we get into. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Nature is infinitely creative.

It is always producing the possibility of new forgivings.

Marianne Williamson, Best Selling Author.

6 comments:

  1. I've never heard the term Derecho before. August 1, 1986 we had what they called an "inland hurricane" here in SE Kansas. Assume the two are the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have the Jayco finally gone and getting repaired. I'm sure it's fine or you would have heard. Enjoy a little cooler temperatures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping your trailer didn't get eaten!!! I think "there's work to be done" is the same as "we're burning daylight"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that would be fitting... you'll get a new trailer out of this yet! When I read the title I thought you were referring to the TLC show 'Doubling down with the Derrico's' but apparently not. Never heard of that before, just another name for a tornado I guess. I also have guilt about sleeping in, for me it was 'if you're that tired go to bed earlier of a night'...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it amazing that even if there is no job to arrive on time for, no task that is time constrained, no chore that must be done by a certain time....sleeping in becomes something hard to come by! Old habits die hard. As for me, I do like to get up just about the time the sun does....always have. Though there were times I had to get up before it was giving even a hint of arrival.
    I enjoy your blog. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. From here in Texas, I first started hearing of derechos some years ago. Only from the weather service. I just thought 'derecho" meant "right" in Spanish, as opposed to left (izquierda). But apparently it has an additional meaning of "straight." So now we all know, and aren't we glad.

    ReplyDelete