It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, August 24, 2020

Chores and Republican Nomination.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

When I woke at 6:30 my first thought was to just get a few more minutes of sleep. When I opened my eyes again at 8:30 I wondered “how did I sleep so late”? I soon remembered that before going to bed last night I told Kathy I Planned on doing the Laundry today and wanted to get an early start.
It didn’t take long to start getting things ready for breakfast and turning on the Computers. In that short time Kathy sensed my absence and came out to join me. We finished eating by 9:00.

Looking at The Weather Network they were forecasting a Risk of Thunderstorms but looking at the Radar there wasn’t a Cloud anywhere in our region. It seems that any time the forecast is showing a Humidex around the Century Mark they automatically add that warning.
I took the time to finish my Coffee and read a few things but then I had to get chores done as well as Clothes sorted and treated before going downstairs. Kathy busied herself making an early lunch. From my suggestion she made us Salmon Sandwiches but she also sliced and grill Zucchini to go with the Cherry Tomatoes as a side.

I was fortunate when I got to the Laundry Room to be the only one there because Two of the Washers were Out of Order and later when I started loading the Dryers, One took my money without doing it’s job.

I wore my Mask the entire time except for the few times I took a sip of Water from my bottle. If you recall I’ve mentioned before there is no Fan or AC in those rooms only a Window with a screen and there was no Breeze. It wasn’t until I was about to leave that others came in to do their wash.
It was minutes before 4:00 when I got back to the Apartment with everything folded. Kathy had been sorting more clothing from the closet. It felt wonderful at 75 F (24 C) compared to the outside temperature. I sat for a couple minutes before putting the Laundry away. Returning to the Bedroom I looked out the Window to see large Water Puddles scattered throughout all the area parking lots. It had actually Rained and neither us knew that it happened.
Since it was nearly Six Hours since we ate lunch we worked together to get things ready for supper. We shared a Microwaved Potato along with a Half Rack of precook Spare Ribs from Lou’s Kitchen with more Cherry Tomatoes we got from our daughter Karen as a side. Dessert was simply a Fruit Cup. It all tasted wonderful and we found that we were hungrier then we thought we were.

Watching the 6 o’clock Local News they mentioned the Temperatures would slowly be going down as well as the number of Coronavirus Cases in our area.

We turned on the Republican Presidential Nomination at 8:00 even though they said it would start at 8:30. We were surprised to find out the actual Nomination with the State Roll-Call had already taken place earlier this afternoon. Most of their speakers were also taped but at the same location in the somewhere in the Capital. Definitely different then we saw last week which it should be. Still trying to learn as much as we can.

Not sure what we’ll be up to tomorrow as the weather guessers are saying that it could be an all day Rain. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

What do a hockey player and a magician have in common?


Both do hat tricks.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get your laundry done before other people joined you.

    I watched the RNC with an open mind but I have a low tolerance for lies and I could have easily turned it off within the first minute.

    Decided to watch the whole event and was surprised that after categorizing the DNC as angry and gloomy I did not see where the RNC was cheerful or uplifting. If anything it was more fear-mongering and a total re-write of the COVID-19 pandemic to suit their purpose.

    Perhaps they need to realize that Joe Biden is NOT the current president and can not do anything about this terrible pandemic that has been ignored by the current administration and which they chose to gloss over as a win...sad!

    A quick fact check of tonight's event on Google...for those who care to know the facts...is at anyone's fingertips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me there is no need to watch the conventions....there is nothing new to be learned there.I don't accept the notion of undecided voters...you've had four years to figure out who you might want to vote for and no bunch of speeches could ever change my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure that if it weren't for the President closing the borders, this country would be in much worse shape, not to mention acquiring all the masks and ventilators needed. The Governors of each state are the ones in charge when it comes to a pandemic and the ones responsible. The Feds have little to no say. California's governor did almost as bad as New York!!

    ReplyDelete