It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, August 13, 2020

Sound Sleep, Good Eats and Someone’s Wrong.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

My eyes were starting to get heavy as I worked on last night’s Blog but the moment it was finished I was wide awake. Having had little sleep the night before I didn’t want a repeat so I took a Melatonin Tablet just before heading to bed. I only woke Three times but fell straight back to sleep.
It was after 8:00 when we had breakfast and Kathy seemed to be having a harder time to wake up then I did. It was another beautiful looking day but not the temperatures that Kathy would be comfortable with. Her Feet were feeling much better today. Now she only needs to wait a Month for Mary from Healthy Heals to return.
Figuring that we’d have our big meal for lunch Kathy made the Chinese Food that we buy in the Frozen Food Section at the grocery store. We had Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls along with Vegetable Fried Rice. For dessert she served Oatmeal Cookies, an Orange and an Apple Sauce Cup. It was all tasty and filling without making us feel stuffed.

We still haven’t heard back from the Jayco Factory Repair Center on the status of our Trailer. With the damage that was cause by the Derecho that hit the area the night it arrived in Indiana it would be reassuring to hear something.

This afternoon I tried calling Cogeco our cable provider. After being told by the Representatives at the local outlet on more then one occasion as well as all their Techs that I’ve spoken to on the phone they all said our package included our choice of another Ten Channels. But when I spoke to this person today he was insistent that I already had them. Before starting an argument I said I’d double check my contract.

Kathy had me check to see what channels we could get before calling again. Of the Eleven Hundred Channels listed we get Eighty-Eight. Of those channels most are repeated Four Times which means we only get Twenty-Two Channels. Of those actual channels Four of those are Foreign that we’ll never watch. Then there are Three Children’s Channels that we don’t follow so that leaves us with Fifteen Channels that we’ll watch scattered over the Eleven Hundred that are listed and supposedly Ten of those are special. Think I’ll be calling back with a different tone to my voice.

I just finished channel surfing on time for the 6 o’clock Local News to start. The only thing positive was that as of today our area went into Phase Three of the Coronavirus Recovery even though most towns and cities have a Mandatory Mask Bylaw in place.
While the News was still on Kathy got a few things ready for supper. She made Baked (Nuked) Apples for dessert as well as plating a Side of Precooked Spare Ribs from Lou’s Kitchen. Once the News was over I microwaved our last ears of Corn. That gave us just enough time to get the table set before the Corn was ready. The Spare Ribs only needed Five Minutes in the Microwave which is how long it took me to clean the Corn. Both sides were piping hot on our plates tonight and they tasted great. They Baked Apples were just the right temperature to eat.

We’ll see what tomorrow brings. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

You can’t look back, you have to keep looking forward.

Lucy Lin, Actress.

5 comments:

  1. I'm in good company then as last night I was so tired I failed to make a post and it looks like tonight will be a repeat as my eyes are getting heavy.

    Hope you hear about your trailer soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem. Something like 300 channels with only 10 or so watchable. Too bad we can't just pay by the channel we want. Hope you hear about the trailer soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We nuke our corn too, with the husk on. Just cut of the end and pinch it by the tassels, it slides right out with very little silk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Nancy. I wish we could make up our own tv package.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got rid of satellite/cable several months back. We only watch local channels and not much of that, same old same old. We find we really don't miss it.

    ReplyDelete