It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, June 1, 2020

Time.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Being that I had so little sleep the night before it shocked Kathy that I had turned my Computer off before she did last night. We both fell asleep fairly quickly but by 2:30 I was tossing around and accidentally unfastened the straps on my CPAP Mask. Taking it to the other room I managed to get it reset within Ten Minutes and headed back to bed. Next thing I knew it was minutes after 8:00 and Time to start my day.
It was nearly 9:00 when Kathy joined me for breakfast. As soon as we were done I tried making a call to my aunt Anna to wish her a Happy 81st Birthday but the phone just kept ringing. With no Answering Machine to take a message I finally hung up after Three Minutes thinking of calling back this evening.
We had our Coffee/Tea at the Computers and got our morning reading and chores finished before I made another call. This one was to our Family Doctor. It took a few minutes before Lisa answered and I explained the problem. She took the phone number and would have the Doctor call me back. Fifteen Minutes later George called and when I explained the problem he suggested a Chest X-ray at Clear Imagining. He mentioned he would FAX the Script to them and if I had it done today we could have the results for tomorrow.
While I finished getting ready Kathy started making the Split Pea Soup for our lunch along with Cookies, Yogurt Cups and Orange we shared for our dessert.

Moments later we were heading down Riverside Drive. We actually remembered to bring the Camera today so Kathy was able to get some Pictures showing how wonderful our weather was.
Clear Imaging
Since Medical Services are just starting to open up here in Ontario they only want the patient inside to make it easier to Social Distance so Kathy stayed in the Car to read a book she brought along. Inside Clear Imagining after disinfecting my hands and answering questions I was told to have a seat. The seats along the window were facing the windows to render them useless. The remainder of the seats had every other one Taped Off with a message about Social Distancing.
After a Half Hour passed and a number of others that came in after me were called in I was called back to the Desk. There was no FAX from the Doctor. Using my Cell Phone I got the message that at this Time the office is only open until Noon. The Time was 1:45. I’ll have to call again in the morning. This is not the first time that the Doctor’s FAX Machine has caused us problems and I’ll be saying that when I speak to them.
The Maze runs from the Front entrance past the shed on the
right  then back to the entrance. You exit from the
Garden Section or the Contractors Door.
Taking a leisurely drive back up Tecumseh Road we stopped at Home Depot to pick up a bag of Potting Soil. Even though there was no one in line ahead of us we still had to walk the Two Hundred Foot Maze that provides Social Distancing to get in the front door then sanitize our Hands. Heading to the Garden Center it was easy to find what we wanted before getting in the long line to pay for our $3.00 Potting Soil. It took over a Half Hour for something so easy.
Kathy reminded me of the Floor Mat that we needed to get from our Storage Unit and to check the Mail. Checking the Mail at Guardian Storage only our CAA Magazine had arrived. Driving back to our Storage Unit Kathy was amazed when I rolled up the door then removed the Mat she wanted without stepping foot in the Unit.
We headed over to Motor City Community Credit Union so I could get some Laundry Coins. Inside the Foyer the second door was locked but there was a sign that was not there the last time I was stating their new Temporary Hours 10am – 3pm. The Time was 3:10.

Being a little put out with not having gotten the X-rays or Coins it wasn’t until we were upstairs in the Apartment that I realized that I had forgotten the Potting Soil and Mat in the Car. All this Time on our hands is not helping.
For supper Kathy made Pancakes covered with Mixed Fruit as a topping. On the 6 o’clock Local News they reported a few more deaths in our area due to the Coronavirus. Looking at another busy day tomorrow. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

I’d like to make a joke about sodium, but Na.

6 comments:

  1. I can empathize with you regarding orders from the doctor going haywire but at least in my case they can not blame the fax line for it...just plain incompetence!

    Your pancakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised they don't send info via email ... it's much faster than faxing. Yup those pancakes look mighty tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everything is ok with you! What a shame the orders weren't there..uhhhh.. Love the pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faxing is a pain in the neck, seems they never get to where they're supposed to be. Like Nancy said why not e-mail?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its frustrating when little curve balls throw off your day. Damn virus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In these troubled times, I really think that making you wait so long to discover that you were not actually booked is beyond acceptable. I guess with all the changes it will take time to get it right, but meanwhile people like you are suffering.

    ReplyDelete