It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, June 26, 2020

Late Start, Lots Of Entries and Severe Storm Heading Our Way.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Again last night I got carried away reading other Blogs after posting our’s when I noticed it was early morning. I know I’m bad but I just couldn’t help myself trying to keep up with what other RVers are doing. Once I lay in bed the next thing I knew there was some Sunlight seeping through the Blinds. When I looked at the Clock I practically jumped out of bed because it was far later then when I got up yesterday and I had things that needed to be accomplished.
There was just enough time to open the Balcony Blinds when Kathy joined me for breakfast. The problem was that I hadn’t even stepped into the kitchen yet. Looking in the Fridge I saw Leftover Hot Cross Buns. After lightly taking the chill out in the Toaster then adding Butter breakfast was served.

We spent the rest of the morning at the Computers having numerous cups of Coffee/Tea before getting our morning now afternoon chores finished. I even started logging the Vitamins into our Medication Spreadsheet and had it half finished before realizing how late it was.
Kathy suggested Soup for lunch but we have Bread that could go bad so I started making Grilled Cheese with Bacon Sandwiches garnished with Olives along with more Tea. Kathy looked in the Fridge and found the Strawberries we got last week and thought it wise to “Use them or Lose them”. She created a Strawberry Sundae for dessert. It all tasted wonderful.

Back at the Computers I finished adding all the Vitamins on the Spreadsheet before starting to add all our Prescription Medications. That’s right I keep track of it all so we don’t run out while we are away.

It was nearly 3:00 when that was finished and I needed to do something for me. It’s been over a week since I last exercised and I felt it all over. After only the first few minutes I knew that this was like starting over so only finished a single Set. At least there is less pain.

It was kind of funny that I had just finished putting away the Exercise Equipment when the Phone rang. It was Adam from CAA (Canadian Automobile Association) trying to talk me into upgrading our membership. That was strange because we already had the Plus and RV Plus packages and since we aren’t travelling at the moment I had them lowered to a Regular and a Plus memberships which cuts our bill down to Half. If the Borders don’t open this Fall we might not be able to travel until they do.

Since I found out the information that I needed I call the Jayco Representative in Indiana only to get the message he took the day off and will be back on Monday.
Back at the Computer I’d been lax on adding our purchases to our Expenditure Spreadsheet probably because there are fewer then normal and I have so much time on my hands. While I was busy doing that Kathy needed to have a Snap. As soon as she woke up she was ready to make supper. She was thinking of Beans on Toast while I was thinking about Macaroni and Cheese. Since we had Leftovers to use that’s what we had. We did up the Dishes before returning to the living room.

When I make the Purchase Entries I arrange them by Date and then clip them together so Kathy can compare them to our Bank and Credit Card Accounts. As I was closing up the Clip snapped and the receipts went everywhere.

The 6 o’clock Local News talked about how local businesses were doing as they reopened while following strict Guidelines. They also showed our area will be taking the brunt of a Thunder Storm forecasted to go through overnight. We can hear the Thunder at the moment.

We turned on Detroit News that showed the same storm hitting them first. They then pointed out the parts of the country that opened for business rather abruptly are now seeing spikes in the number of Coronavirus Cases. Those are not tested numbers but people being hospitalized with the Virus. They pointed out that people are just not wearing Masks which will stop the spread. Looks like the Borders might not be open for us this year.

Tomorrow will be a busy day with a Celebration added for good measure. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

You change the world by being yourself.

Yoko Ono, Japanese Artist.

3 comments:

  1. Grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches sound yummy! You two always eat well. You're' really good at logging everything, keeps you organized! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting to me that all my Canadian friends like those green olives. That mac n cheese? I could at an entire box all by myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had rain here every day for almost a week. Lawn needs mowing. Sidewalk has grass growing between pavers, pond needs weed eating around the edge. Oh I wish it would stop. I get distressed when the yard does not look nice.

    I sure hope the borders open. I look forwarding to knowing you are traveling again.

    ReplyDelete