It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, June 8, 2020

More Tests and 123.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Even though I tried to wake up much earlier then I did it was still 7:10 when I opened the Balcony Door this morning. That gave me the chance to get things ready for breakfast as well as starting my morning reading on the Computer. Within a Half Hour Kathy had joined me. It did work out though as we were back on the Computers with our morning drinks shortly after 8:00.

There was a Questionnaire that I had to fill out and print a “Q-Pass”. I remembered the problem that keeps happening with the printer. I went into the Systems section and found the program One-Note. Every month when our Computers have an update Microsoft keeps installing One-Note. As soon as I deleted One-Note from my Computer I was able to print my document.

Yesterday if we had taken our Bicycle Ride to our daughter’s house in the morning I would have spent time exercising later in the afternoon. By the time we got back from our ride I was just too worn out to try which was probably why we both slept so soundly. As soon as we had finished our first drinks this morning I did my chores before working out and in the end it felt wonderful.

Kathy had another Organizing Project that she planned in the kitchen. Most everyone uses the tops of their Refrigerators especially in a tight kitchen for storage and our’s was really getting stacked. Using the Two Leftover Shelves we had from our Storage Room she now has a very organized looking Fridge.

After working up a good sweat that early I took a quick shower because I had Two Appointments today. However when I got out Kathy had already made an early lunch which consisted of Beef Barley Soup along with a dessert plate.
Photo File.
Kathy came along for the ride as we took Riverside Drive across to the west side of Windsor. There were a lot of Fishermen on the river trying their luck and when we went to capture the moment we realized the Camera was still back at the Apartment.
Luckily when we arrived at our Family Doctor’s Office there were no cars parked in the shade of the one tree by the road. With the windows all down Kathy immersed herself in another mystery that she’s reading.

It was strange going inside as the outer door was no problem but I had to wait to be buzzed through the second door after they were sure I was wearing my Mask. I was the only Patient inside and I barely sat down before being called into the examination room.

It was less then a minute when George also wearing a Mask joined me. We discussed my problem and he corrected my knowledge on anatomy. Since the X-ray didn’t find an answer to the problem he wrote our Scripts for Blood Work as well as an Ultra Sound that I could call to make my own appointments with. When I commented about the problems with their FAX Machine he told me they were just setting up a brand new machine this morning. I guess I wasn’t the only one complaining. I’ll be back to see him in a couple more weeks.
Since we had eaten lunch and there was plenty of time to my next appointment we headed to the east side Walmart. We haven’t been there since the beginning of the shutdown and Kathy wanted to look around. Things have really changed. Unlike other stores Walmart has actually put decals on their floors in the grocery section stating One Way, Enter and Exit where others just put arrows made of masking tape. It didn’t matter because most people were ignoring them anyways. For just walking around we walked out with a lot of groceries “On Sale” that we couldn’t get at Zehr’s.

We headed back to the Apartment so we could put things away and relax for a while. The problem was I was so relaxed that I was nearly falling asleep. Time to leave but Kathy decided to stay home.

I arrived at Canadian Blood Services with little time to spare. Even though I had my Mask I was given a nice bright Red Mask. They still have someone asking you questions about Covid-19 before you can proceed to the rest of the screening. Angela never has a problem finding my veins nor does she leave any bruising. Her two teenage sons can’t wait to get back to school because they’re both into sports. They were a lot of First Time Donors there today which is always a good thing. When I walked out today I had contributed my 123rd Blood Donation.
We enjoyed Grilled Cheese Sandwiches for supper. We watched the 6 o’clock Local News where they stated that even though the Coronavirus Numbers were coming down in our area because of the recent loses of Two Migrant Workers the Premiere of Ontario is keeping the Windsor/Essex Area Shut Down.
Missed Sunset but caught the after glow.
We watched a Hallmark Movie along with a Mystery Movie before calling it a night. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Put your heart, mind and soul into your smallest acts.

This is the secret of success.

Swami Swananda

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 123rd donation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 123! Glad your doctor is taking care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We use One Note for my job and we love it, although it was a bit of a pain in the beginning. It's really good to store all of our information and reference tools. But if you don't need it and it keeps popping up on your machine when you don't want it, that's a real pain too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my bookkeeping clients has One Note on her computer. It's a pain ... always popping up no matter how many times I delete it!! At least there's one good thing ... no wait at the doctor's office!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your 123rd donation, that is definitely something to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job on the blood donation. Wold love to see a photo of your red mask.

    ReplyDelete